Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Poll Question: Do I Have Hope???
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Discouraged Hair Journey!!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
caramelkissez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramelkissez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discouraged Hair Journey!!
    Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:45am
ok so I am new to my relaxed hair journey and I am 2 months 1/2 into it and my goal is to reach waist length hair or at least mid back and every time I look at my hair I feel as though it will never happen! My hair is so damaged from over processing and just plain not taking care of my hair right. I literally have a few patches in my head (not bald patches but to the point where all you see is the new growth) which I cover up with the rest of my "normal" hair. My hair used to be so long and thick and now it looks horrible! I admit it has progressed a little bit since my hair journey but it's still so damaged and I have so much more ways to go that I feel discouraged that I'll never reach my goal! Is anyone going through the same thing as I am right now or has been through it?? Please I need answers and guidelines I am new to this so I need all the help I need! Only people who are going through this or had been through it already please reply!! Thanks!! O and I'm relaxed not natural
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:24pm
Once upon a time this happened to me, I applied a relaxer incorrectly and my hair became damaged and had a plastic type of shine to it. What did I do? I just kept my hair washed, conditioned and moisturized and would wear my hair pulled back into not a ponytail, but a  "onytail" because I no longer had enough for a what would be considered a ponytail. Nevertheless I would gently brush it back and secure it with some small hair sticks, these were popular at the time. It was my fault my hair had come out, so I had no one to be mad at, so I just wore it in that little onytail twist for a long time. How long I do not know, because the best thing I did was to concentrate on other things and not worry about my hair. I knew there was nothing I could do but maybe wear hair extensions. So I put it out of my mind, took care of it and carried on with my life. Before I knew it my hair was growing and thriving again. It was probably about 6 months to see good results and one year to see great results. Blessings to you on your journey. Stay consistent, because that is what I also did. My routine was the same everyday. So create you a haircare regimen and stick with it if it is working for you. Take care!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramelkissez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:04am
Omg! So how long was your hair before you started and how long did it take you to get the length you are now?? And did u ever get frustrated and lost hope?
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:42am
Yes my hair was a mess when I started.

I am no longer relaxed, but the first 2 years of my hair journey I was growing out overprocessed choppy fried hair.

You can do it!

Like Vee said- find a regimen and stick with it.
Also you may want to take a daily supplement for internal health.

Don't spend a bunch of time watching your hair. There is that saying about a watched pot never boils or something like that LOL.

Take pictures every 3 months and you will be amazed at your hairs progress.

I save these relaxed pictures just for reference points for my friends that are trying to take care of their relaxed hair.

The start of my relaxed journey Dead

1 year later with a steady regimen

Edited by yaya24 - Dec 27 2012 at 10:51am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by caramelkissez caramelkissez wrote:

Omg! So how long was your hair before you started and how long did it take you to get the length you are now?? And did u ever get frustrated and lost hope?
Well unlike you, I didn't grow up with long hair, if my hair got to 5 inches that was considered long for me. But during this time, I had grown my hair from keeping it in extensions, so I think the longest layer was a little past my shoulders, this was about 30 years ago, so I do not remember precisely. But it was at its longest for me, but others may not consider it long. Whether you have long or short hair, when it falls out it is still a huge deal. And mines didn't fall out all at once and never any bald spots. But it was so plastic looking it did not look good. The plastic shine I speak of was just the relaxer still on my hair, because I did not rinse it out with a strong shampoo.LOL So it probably stayed on my hair for about a month and half, because back then I washed it once every two weeks. My mom told me not to do it, but I didn't listenCry.........

The best thing I did, was put it out of my mind as much as possible. You never see grass grow, but the grass is growing. This is the same with your hair it grows everyday, but not enough to see a difference that takes a month or more. As long as your hair roots is not damaged it will grow back. Blessings!!!!!!!

MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 3:33pm
I went through that this past summer, but i got through it with not worring about the growth but learning to build healthy hair. I had to stop relaxing and started to stretch my relaxer i could only go 13 weeks at first now i am at 15 weeks. I used roller sets and cut a inch or two every month. I finally cutt of 4-5 inches and gain 2 more inches. I ate a carrot a day for a month and used the GHE every other night. I mixed castro oil and coconut oil and some conditioner and put it in a application bottle and put it directly on my scalp. I then started twist and braids so i could just moisture the braids and then oil my scalp. It has done wonders for me. My hair was 3 inches in one section. I wanted to chop it all off but i stop thinking of growth and just focused on healthy hair.
Your hair will be fine and what works for some may not for you. But keep trying and use PS and trim before new install until the bad hair grow out. Time is your best friend Good luck love 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramelkissez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:15am
I just went through my first stretch which was for 12 weeks now im currently on my second stretch and hopefully I can make it to 14 weeks if not 13. I actually see that the patches are actually growing in but the rest of my hair is still so short I can barely make it a ponytail but you guys are right im going to start paying less attention to my hair and hopefully that'll quicken the process

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramelkissez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:17am
I dont even feel its necessary to start off with a length goal yet, first I have to get my hair healthy 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic