Perfect Hair Collection

Disappearing LENGTH over time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappearing LENGTH over time?
    Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:05pm
I've had the same three  20-24"  bundles of Wags NC installed back to back since March/April 09. Last Summer I added a coarser/curlier of a bundle of 16"-20" to the area around my leave out since hair dye for my grays has made my hair notieceable coarser. I now have those same bundles installed on a u-part that I made about 5 months ago.
I know that the wefts have thinned in the last 4 years and the hair is a lot curlier than it was when I 1st bought it but here lately it seems VERY short. My co-workers are asking me if I cut my hair. Out of curiousity, I JUST measured the installed wefts that have always hung the longest and stretched, one has never been cut because it was always on the bottom, it was the longest and it JUST measured only FOURTEEN inches.

Dahell?? I'm wondering , when wefts shed over time ,does the longer hairs sewn onto the wefts shed 1st?

I ordered a bundle of 24-28" last week to add another layer of length to my wig but it seems that it may be considerably longer than what I have now.

I will measure them wet and stretched out when I make another wig /including the new hair, but it can't make THAT much of a difference. Again, I stretched the hair when measuring.

This is so weird to me, esp when I look at pics from a few years ago. I love my Wags NC (obviously, they've gotten almost a mortgage payment from me in the last 4 yrs),but this disappearing length doesn't make sense.

Anyone else experience this or are aware of this happening?
Sponsored Links

cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:23pm
Yes, I have experienced that same thing. For a sew in, I attributed it to my sew in getting old where the base braids had moved. You'd think that the wefts hairs would hang longer since the base braids moved to lower and/or farther back positions. But, it sometimes has the opposite effect where, because the braids have grown out, all the attached wefts are pushed farther from the scalp and the hair on the wefts also gets puffed out away from the scalp, causing the sew in not to hang down as long.

I also had deduced the same as you, that the wefts upon measuring and observing them had lost their longer hairs either from shedding from the weft or from breakage over time.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:55pm
I believe the ends are breaking off with wear and tear.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

I believe the ends are breaking off with wear and tear.
Yeah, I agree.  I have a 20 EP and that joint looking type short.
Tami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I've had the same three  20-24"  bundles of Wags NC installed back to back since March/April 09. Last Summer I added a coarser/curlier of a bundle of 16"-20" to the area around my leave out since hair dye for my grays has made my hair notieceable coarser. I now have those same bundles installed on a u-part that I made about 5 months ago.
I know that the wefts have thinned in the last 4 years and the hair is a lot curlier than it was when I 1st bought it but here lately it seems VERY short. My co-workers are asking me if I cut my hair. Out of curiousity, I JUST measured the installed wefts that have always hung the longest and stretched, one has never been cut because it was always on the bottom, it was the longest and it JUST measured only FOURTEEN inches.

Dahell?? I'm wondering , when wefts shed over time ,does the longer hairs sewn onto the wefts shed 1st?

I ordered a bundle of 24-28" last week to add another layer of length to my wig but it seems that it may be considerably longer than what I have now.

I will measure them wet and stretched out when I make another wig /including the new hair, but it can't make THAT much of a difference. Again, I stretched the hair when measuring.

This is so weird to me, esp when I look at pics from a few years ago. I love my Wags NC (obviously, they've gotten almost a mortgage payment from me in the last 4 yrs),but this disappearing length doesn't make sense.

i know exactly what you mean.. i just recently ordered another bundle to add to my wags nc from 2008 because it appears that i have lost some length overtime... but hey, i dont mind having to add lost length when my hair has given me 5 years.. hopefully it will give me 5 more lol
DIVA007 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIVA007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:15am
I'm in the same boat my Wags NC was hitting the top of my lower back and now its mid-back length. I also have to buy some longer lengths. But Lord knows that is some of the best hair I've ever bought.Heart
rredict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rredict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:20am
Yep I have had this issue too. Its due to shedding, and hair breaking off..
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:35am
Thanks ladies! it just seemed to happen all of a sudden. I LOVE this hair but I couldn't figure it out. I've never put heat on it and I don't see the breakage but it makes sense. I just hope the 24-28 bundle that is coming in doesn't make a super long layer in my wig. I don't want to cut anything. I was going to order a bundle of 28-32 too, which is cheaper than the 24-28, but they were out and said they rarely have it in stock.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:13am
 I found out my favoirte Thread broke hairs after looking at the wefts with a magnifying Glass. Blond color mix will shorten your lengths also . Cry
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Tami Tami wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

i know exactly what you mean.. i just recently ordered another bundle to add to my wags nc from 2008 because it appears that i have lost some length overtime... but hey, i dont mind having to add lost length when my hair has given me 5 years.. hopefully it will give me 5 more lol
Shocked Hey Tami . Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>