BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Different Twists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
CuddleCore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuddleCore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different Twists?
    Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 7:31pm
So, I've come to see that there are sooo many different types of twists. And to me ... when i look at them they all look the same. But I'm sure there's some kind of difference. Like Senegalese and Kinky twists ... i thought they were the same. Are they? Fluffy twists, I saw a thread about them, but many didn't know what they are. Nubi Twists, Soft Twist ... so on.

So I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the differences. Is it the hair used that makes it different ... or the technique. Does anyone have pics of these different types ... or experiences with them.

Thanks!Big%20smile
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuddleCore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2008 at 10:27am
Thanks diane

http://www.whojahairbraiding.com/whoja/studio/images/9/digital_pictures_243.jpg

i love her kinky twist .... what kinda hair do you think they use?
ZenYes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZenYes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2008 at 9:17pm
omg cuddle core, that hair you posted is sick! Can anyone tell us what kinda hair she may have used and why it's so ridiculously gorgeous??
lashannasmall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lashannasmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2008 at 7:53am
It just looks like plain old marley braid hair to me that you get at the BSS
ZenYes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZenYes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by lashannasmall lashannasmall wrote:

It just looks like plain old marley braid hair to me that you get at the BSS

Wow..I've never seen this marley braid before but does it come already sectioned off for the twists?
I'm thinking of getting twists this weekend & I'll be going out to buy marley braid. Wish me luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuddleCore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2008 at 1:14am
i know those twists are soo beautiful! ... i want to get mine with a different color though ... that would compliment my skin better. im gonna have a family friend do my twists do i hope you she can help me pull it off. lol!
Curly0405 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly0405 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 5:26pm
It's kinky twist hair but split each piece. Use perm rods on the ends..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuddleCore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 8:57pm
i want twists like hers now: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa106/CuddlePlz/twists.jpg

she said she uses Marley too. but i like the big-ness of her style. i really want Big Hair. lol!

she's got a youtube channel, not too many vids, but they are pretty good for tips i guess.  http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautifulBrwnBabyDol

Edited by CuddleCore - Jan 02 2009 at 8:59pm
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 4:50am
CuddleCore- Great Question.  I wondered the same about the difference between Fluffy, Nubian, Spring, and Kinky Twist?  Only thing I can gather is the hair that is used to do the twist but the braid technique is basically the same. 

I asked a lady her who does them and her response was "Fluffy, Nubian, Spring, and Kinky are all twist. However to perfect the Nubian, spring, or fluffy this particular hair that you use. The hair is order from www.eonhair.com The only difference is the hair comes on a track and you have to cut it off." 

Fluffy%20Twist 
 Fluffy Twist 
 by E-ON Natural 
 Kinky%20Locs%20%28Human%20Hair%29 
 Kinky Locs (Human Hair) 
 by E-ON Natural 
 Kiny%20Twist 
 Kiny Twist 
 by E-ON Natural 
 Nubi%20Nubi 
 Nubi Nubi 
 by E-ON Natural 
 Nubian-Silk 
 Nubian-Silk 
 by E-ON Natural 
 SofTwist%20%28Human%20Hair%29 
 SofTwist (Human Hair) 
 by E-ON Natural 
 Spring%20Twist 
 Spring Twist 
 by E-ON Natural 
 Zat%20Twist 
 Zat Twist 
 by E-ON Natural 

Edited by QueenBee - Jan 03 2009 at 4:56am
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 5:26am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic