Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

different hairstyles: different reactions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:32pm
No one takes my 3 dookie braid style seriously. I get over looked like crazy if i'm in a store.

Most people love the mega bun

I get the most attn when my hair is straightened from men and women

I get more compliments from older women when I have in my raggedy pony tail or bantu knots
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOLDead @ people feeling sorry for nita

When you say your hair isnt done, how is it? a slickback, a hat, or a loose pushback?

I have the most messed up "regimen" if you want to call it that. I got my hair relaxed in August. I haven't had a relaxer since and that relaxer wasn't right...

So I have that, "you need a perm" ponytail/bun thing going because I don't have time to do it. Before that, it was under a very tired lacefront.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah I don't like that.
I remember freshman year this Canadian soccer player was trying to play in my hair and said I'm the first black person she's ever met ( except for her brothers friend she said) so first black girl.

She and all the rest of the white girls crowded around me asking why black ppls hair is always so much shorter and what's a relaxer and ish and why we don't wash our hair every single day?

I was getting angry because they were literally all over me.
I told them to get off and kinda shouldered my way out.

I do not like feeling like a white persons petting zoo.
Even thinking about it now it irritates me .

No thank you

I see what you mean.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:34pm

my own hair and kinky straight gets the most reactions ... I wear very textured kinky straight either as is or flat ironed behind my hairline, it blends very well

people also seem to love long afro kinky
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:35pm
People acted disgusted for real in NYC when I wore an afro. That's the true way I could guarantee that no one squeezed next to me on the train.
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

I get more attention with longer hair.
I get more attention from white men when the hair is curly.
Black men when it is straight.

This for the most part

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

people also seem to love long afro kinky

I have some that I'm gonna unveil eventually and they are gonna f*ckin love it. Ya gotta switch it up. Not that same old body wave parted down the middle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

People acted disgusted for real in NYC when I wore an afro. That's the true way I could guarantee that no one squeezed next to me on the train.

Lol wow, that's surprising.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by missdeeluxe missdeeluxe wrote:

I wish I had more options other than keep it long or chop it off.
LOL

I work in a salon, so I'm forever changing my color to keep it interesting.
I get more attention when I'm blonde.
Blunt bangs get a lot of love too, especially from women.

I just get bored easily.
Wish I had a better nature texture.

you didn't specify race
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:39pm
Since ppl around school all started going natural at the same time we compliment each other on blowout hair alot .
Alot of black women my age compliment me on the length it's getting from skin bald to now lol.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic