BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

different hairstyles: different reactions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different hairstyles: different reactions
    Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:35pm
Have you noticed that you are treated depending on your hairstyle? 

I have noticed to get bitchy reactions from women when I wear my wagmans naturally curly hair and an increased flattery from white men when worn curly.

White folks love my braids and seneglese twists.

More black men try to talk to me when I wear my real hair (back length) especially when I wear it in a ponytail. 

Alot of women compliment me when I wear my hair in a wavy kim kardashian weave.

Just my observations......what about yours.
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:37pm

white people love my natural hair and short kinky curl wigs

white and black (well I guess all people now that I think about it lol) people love my kinky straight wigs, I mean them motherf ckers orgasm over them

blacks like my long kinky curl wigs

no one gives a damn about my bun

I wear my bun almost everyday

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jan 09 2013 at 7:38pm
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:38pm
Black people always liked my straight hair. My dad loves straight hair and prefers that I wear it straight... eventhough I don't anymore. Black and Spanish people liked my texturized hair and I hated it!!!! that's why I'm transitioning.

Edited by babyk94 - Jan 09 2013 at 7:40pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:41pm
When I don't do my hair, people feel sorry for me.
When I wear a wig, most of the bw I am around think I am bald.
Then I take the wig off, they are salty. Then that goes away once I stop doing my hair. Then they are angry that my hair is longer than theirs, and I don't do it.

Then I talk about cutting it all off, and you'd think I just spit on them. Either because my hair is longer than theirs, or they don't think I have much going for myself and I need all the length I can get.

Generally, and most of these women I run into don't frequent hair forums*
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:42pm
um when I wear stright Hair White women/men LOVE it.  I have in havanna twist I am getting Mixed reactions
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:43pm
I don't know. I don't notice a big difference of perception by strangers. I might get more comments if it is not pulled back into a bun because it looks big and people want tips on how to grow it out but that's about it.

OT: I never notice these random female strangers giving stank me looks and 'hatin'' on me for just walking by and existing. I must be doing it all wrong.Cry
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:46pm
LOLDead @ people feeling sorry for nita

When you say your hair isnt done, how is it? a slickback, a hat, or a loose pushback?

Edited by Lite Brite - Jan 09 2013 at 7:47pm
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:58pm
My cousin told me when she was away at school that if she had her long hair  hanging guys would go out of their way to speak to her but if she had it in a ponytail they would act like they didn't see her. She said the same African guy who would wait to hold the door for her when it was hanging would let it slam in her face when she had a ponytail lol. She's natural now.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:00pm
no ppl just really like me no matter what. ...dont know why tho 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

My cousin told me when she was away at school that if she had her long hair  hanging guys would go out of their way to speak to her but if she had it in a ponytail they would act like they didn't see her. She said the same African guy who would wait to hold the door for her when it was hanging would let it slam in her face when she had a ponytail lol. She's natural now.

that is true
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>