Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Did Your Mom Give Your Hair a Chance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:02am
Relaxed at 2. It is what it is. No relaxer now though. Been natural for 7-8 years.
Sponsored Links

Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:04am
Yes. I was natural until age 22.

I learned how to braid at age 5 & by age 10 I was doing my own hair plus my aunts and cousins.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Relaxed at 2. It is what it is. No relaxer now though. Been natural for 7-8 years.

jesus...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:36am
I was relaxed at 9.
I was happy because all my friends were too. 
I thought it was like a grown up thing.

chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:41am
I had everything from a curly perm to a relaxer..Went natural three years ago because of my daughter...
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:46am
I was relaxed at 5 years old.  My mom just didn't want to deal with it.  She sent me to a hair dresser who constantly burned my scalp.  To save money, my mom had me doing my own relaxers at the age of 12.  I was putting them in once a month.  My hair wouldn't make it past my ears.
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:03am
Nah. Relaxed at 3. My mom used the excuse that my hair was too tough to work with and I always cried. Of course ima cry if you're pulling and combing my hair and im tender headed. But I know the real reason why I was relaxed so early and was made to do it Ermm it is what it is though...

I grew up and took control of my own life a few years ago. Did a BC without telling no one. Been natural for 1.5 years now.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:09am
Did Your Mom Give Your Hair a Chance?

no.  I got my first perm in elementary school.  then she tried to put a curl on top of my perm (didn't tell the stylist until after)  all my hair came out.  I barely spoke to her for weeks.  I'm already black and now I gotta be the dark girl and no hair? Walking around looking rusty for weeks while it came out in patches.  Teased erryday all day. i cried for the longest time behind that incident.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:38am
its really not that much greater on the other side if its not coming from a good place.  my family didnt relaxed their hair and my mother loved my hair and taught me my hair was beautiful and others always complimented me on my hair because they said i had "pretty hair" but they also taught me that their was a sliding scale on that beauty.  my family never had color issues but we certainly had hair issues but so did every black person around us.  it wasnt hair is hair and all hair types are beautiful.  it was here is black people's hair and this is what makes you different or better.  of course it wasnt true but we believed it, i believed it.  if you dont carefully examine every single thing you were taught even your love turn sour and spoil.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:57am
Hell naw. That woman permed and tore my hair up, smh.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>