BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Did Your Mom Give Your Hair a Chance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Your Mom Give Your Hair a Chance?
    Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:51pm
I saw this video posted & she talks about little girls never really had a preference with hair because they were permed so young.  So how can u prefer one over the other if you've only known one thing?

You don't have to watch the whole thing but 3 or 5 mins will give u the gist of it.  Click the link & read the comments.  very interesting   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cicjPdujxbw

Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:55pm
yeah she did but when i was about 9 or 10 i wanted my hair to be straight like the white girls on tv and at the time JFM perms were advertised all the time so i convinced mom to relax my hair...i wish i'd have never done that, i cant get off the creamy crack Unhappy
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:58pm
Yup. I used to beg my mother for a perm but she told me never in hell as long as I lived with her. She said my hair was way too soft and it would fall out.

To this day I thank her for that. I've learned to love and appreciate my own hair, and now it's super thick and alllllmooostt waist length.

Edited by danieb23 - Jan 13 2014 at 12:02am
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:00am
Yea...She didn't really want me to relax my hair but I begged her to perm my hair. I was sick of the hot comb! She kept burning me by accident with it lol

My mom took care of my hair tho. I always had edges and my hair was long. It wasn't until I started to take care of it myself and dye it, it turned to go bad lol

Edited by BBpants - Jan 13 2014 at 12:01am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:01am
My granny relaxed mines at 8.....shes a push over tho....she let us do whatever....after that she kept texlaxing but she stretched it for several months....
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:05am
Yes my Mom did but following society didn't...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:19am
no she didn't.  She never did my hair bc I was nappy and tender headed.  Family members would do it but complain the whole time.  They relaxed me at like 9 but didn't keep up w it so it broke off and I stayed braided until high school...by then I had a lot of growth but didn't know how to manage it so I kept relaxing. So yeah, no chance to flourish.
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:23am
Yep, and i begged for a perm all through middle school, never got it. Instead she found an amazing hair stylist that knew how to grow and take care of my natural hair and also press my hair so straight it looked like a fresh perm, baby hair and all lol! I never begged for a chemical ever again. Now my hair is Mid back length, and very healthy. I still get my hair pressed from time to time but i prefer my natural texture
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:31am
I never had relaxed hair but I've had dreds since I was 4. My mom is a hairstylist so my hair always looked good but people hated it. Strangers would try and tell her she was wrong but ma is straight g so them convos never lasted long.
Girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:58am
I begged for a relaxer at 13. My mom had me walking around with that one braid in the middle or two big braids lol. When I got it relaxed I could finally have straight hair without it proofing up. I'm natural again now but sometimes I still miss the creamy crack.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>