Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > My Career
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - did your life turn out the way you wanted it to?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

did your life turn out the way you wanted it to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
nico_ramirez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico_ramirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: did your life turn out the way you wanted it to?
    Posted: Mar 24 2011 at 8:13pm
i mean .. do you do what you said you were going to do when you were little or attending high school? if not what stopped you
Sponsored Links

Curly Puff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly Puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 9:08am
I got side tracked but I am back where I wanna be/should have been.
slimjuicy View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2011 at 11:30am
Honestly, ever thing I said I wanted to do, I've done in some sort of way. My only issue now is finding a way to make an honest living doing what I love to do. But career wise, I got into education some years ago and felt like I was stuck. I so did NOT want to do it, it was one of those things were I didn't have a job and was offered one and continue with it. You know you kind of get used to things. But I will say, last year I finally had enough and quit my job in education. I did have a back up though.

I'm happy doing the kind of work I do now, but it isn't my career choice either.
Sharae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 11:48pm
So far, I would say yes. In high school I knew I wanted to be in business. I earned my Bachelor's in business management and now I'm working on my MBA.
Mrs.Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 2:45pm
I'm way off track from my goals in high school.  I attended a state university right out of high school.  I wanted to be a broadcast journalist. Thumbs Up After two courses I realized I absolutely hated it.  So I've been changing majors ever semester for the last 12 years.  Now I finally figured out what I want to do as opposed to what sounds good or just chasing money.
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 7:42pm
simply put, No Unhappy

but if I get accepted into grad school that would change EVERYTHING
honniecake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honniecake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2011 at 3:35am
hell no. i was expected to be the most profitable person in school...i turned out not going to my dream school...but there's always time for other opportunities..i take in detours. 
Kaorichan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaorichan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:54am
Nope. I was on track until I finished my Masters in Law 10 years ago then I fell into what I do now. I am d*mn good at it, it would be alot of people's dream job and I'm paid stupidly well.....but I am bored of it and looking to either get back on track or get into something I enjoy which will challenge me.
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 3:01am
No. Having my masters degree means nothing in a recession. Mental health and schools are always getting the cuts. Meanwhile, my student loans are still due. I am thinking about heading back to school for nursing, however I wanted to be a NP. I can handle the scripts for meds. At least it will still be in my field. It is pitiful. I went further than I thought I would in high school, however not being able to pay the bills was not in the plan. They tell you that education is the way to get paid. Funny there are nurses with AA degrees makign more than me.
1Longcurlynapy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1Longcurlynapy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Mrs.Me Mrs.Me wrote:

I'm way off track from my goals in high school.  I attended a state university right out of high school.  I wanted to be a broadcast journalist. Thumbs Up After two courses I realized I absolutely hated it.  So I've been changing majors ever semester for the last 12 years.  Now I finally figured out what I want to do as opposed to what sounds good or just chasing money.

THIS

Its hard to stop dreaming. IM so scared of having some mundane monotonous life aka the rate race.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic