Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did you know Sandra Bullock adopted a High School?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Did you know Sandra Bullock adopted a High School?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

This is teetering on becoming something...can't quite put my finger on it.

Sandra using her platform and her money to look out for ppl who need it.
Kudos ...
lol you too? I thought her ex biker hubby was outed as a racist?
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:18pm
this is cool, I'd love to sponsor a school if I were wealthy.

Anyone remember that Office episode Scott's tots?  Michael promised a classroom of underprivileged elementary students that if they made it through high school he would fund their college tuition.  He genuinely thought he would become rich in the 10years it would take.  He didn't.  All he had to offer were laptop batteries, just the spare batteries. Episode was sad but hilarious.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:20pm
Lmao yes.
I need to re watch it.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:28pm
Good for her.

She has been fortunate and is paying it forward. Does not matter what race.

There are unfortunates within every race.   

You never know what might become of someone to whom you extend a helping hand.

Edited by Benni - Jun 02 2014 at 2:29pm
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Black celebs cannot use their money to help the black community check out Dr Umar, he breaks it down and why Oprah had to make a school in Africa instead in Chicago and only a all girl school.

ConfusedOprah has put 100s of Black men through Morehouse alone...

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

folks always hating but if i was one of those students i'd tell folks to shut the fucc up cause u aint helping me...I remember folks was talking about her adopting Baby Louis was a publicity stunt...man if I was Baby Louis I woulda been like "u player haters need to shut the fucc up and let me get my hustle on"

LOL @ a baby saying stfu
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Cocoa Cocoa wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Black celebs cannot use their money to help the black community check out Dr Umar, he breaks it down and why Oprah had to make a school in Africa instead in Chicago and only a all girl school.

ConfusedOprah has put 100s of Black men through Morehouse alone...

Businesses?
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:13pm
Many black celebs and wealthy people do similar things in our communities they just don't advertise it. Many of them give through private foundations and donor funds and other ways that don't have their names attached.

But anyway, good on Sandra and anyone else who does this sort of thing. Remember you can make a difference in lots of small ways so do it. I know people who get together with friends and buy all the books for a few nursing students they know and things like that.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Real life blind side.

I can't be mad atwhite ppl willing to give and help at levels a lot of our own black celebs (Beyaki, kanye, Kevin hart....)*won't
Truth

Edited by Lilaca - Jun 02 2014 at 3:36pm
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:42pm
There are a lot of black celebs that have foundations and such to give themselves money. Since jay z had his how many pl has he put through college?

I'm talking celebs that get involved for a short while and ten forget about the cause or ppl? And I mean A list.

Ilive can you ost the vid?
I know wayne and baby do a lot for NO to. What black celebs besides O, have long term projects going on to help the community? Dos tyra sti have the camp?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic