Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did u become tender headed after becoming natural?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedDid u become tender headed after becoming natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did u become tender headed after becoming natural?
    Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 9:43am
I did. Before I was able to wear a wig all day, a tight ponytail, tight braids, rubber bands to sleep and everything.
But now, as soon as i get home I snatch my wig off as soon as my foot touch the entry rug! I can't even wear my fro-puff with the nylon stocking for long either.

So has this happened to any of you?

Edited by Joja1107 - Apr 20 2009 at 9:57am
Sponsored Links

nubianbaby219 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 10:17am
Sorry, I have the same tough head as before. Well you know how the body has a way of changing over time...this could just be one of those changes.
RMichelleM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 10:36am
it happened to me in the front of my head and the odd thing about it is that's the loosest texture on my hair and the easiest to detangle but im so tender headed right there :-\
danniekay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 12:45pm

IDK about becoming more tenderhead, but I've learned not to pull on my hair too much or braid too tight, so I guess my hair has gotten used to it so if it's pulled a little too tight, I feel a little pain.

sadeecakes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 1:28pm
I think that I was more tender headed as a relaxed chick! LOL! I agree with danniekay though... I think since I have learned to care for my natural hair I don't pull or comb hard at all... I'm SUPER gentle with it. LOL
Beauty009 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 1:33pm
I guess its only natural ones head becomes tender headed due to the tangling and combing and all but I guess the trick is to use  good  leave-in conditioners with slip agents in it make it much easier to comb and detangle your hair.
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 2:08pm
I guess with much much less tugging and pulling my head is spoiled now (rightfully so). I needed to baby it so I can have some beautiful healthy locs too!
naturalmane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 4:29pm
I'm a natural-born tender-head, lol. I've been tenderheaded all my life and am still so, and I don't think that'll ever change. The only thing that has changed is that I've learned how to handle my hair over the years so that I don't feel any pain when I comb, brush, or style it. Sometimes my scalp is more sensitive than usual, but nonetheless it's just as sensitive as it was when I was a child.

Should I tell you stories of when my mom used put my natural hair in all those itty-bitty plaits as a child (before micros) and she did it on dry, natural hair? Or, the times my aunt used to regularly press my hair and used to comb thru it dry. Or, how about the times I started going to a salon to get a press, and I remember the beautician (I came to really dislike her) mentioned to her collegues that I was tenderheaded and then proceeded to rip the comb through my dry, natural hair. Lol. Yep, that's what I've had to deal with growing up.

Even when I was relaxed, if my hair got kinks then it hurt. Some people don't realize that you have to handle a tender-headed person's hair differently than someone who's not tenderheaded. My scalp is very sensitive and even if I just tug on my hair with my fingers it causes pain.
loolalooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 4:36pm
YES!!  This happenned to me too.  I can't stand it sometimes.
CuddleCore View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 4:38pm
Okie ... so when i was relaxed and i'd get a roller set the stylist would blow out my hair from the root and it hurt ... & since i went natural she would blow out my hair straight from the root. & every time i'd go back it would slowly become more painful ... i thought it was my imagination. but ... it started to BURN. not just Hurt ... but my scalp was super sensative to blow drying and the rollers. specially the hot comb ... i could Not sit through that.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic