Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did the United Negro College Fund sell it's soul?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did the United Negro College Fund sell it's soul?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:26pm
has anyone in here ever received money from this negro college fund (or knows someone who did)?
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:27pm
I was just thinking... 'I don't know a single soul who has received money from the UCNF' Cry

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

has anyone in here ever received money from this negro college fund (or knows someone who did)?
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:39pm
I didn't but I know a few.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:43pm

Nope and i know of plenty negros that needed their assistance.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:44pm
they give a lot more to their tea party, 1%er, "freedom", right wing agenda programs 

My only concern is that they would use this money to influence initiatives to dismantle black america to further their agenda

Hopefully it is just a ploy to appear "balanced" 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:56pm

i always thought they only gave to those who went to HBCUs....
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:56pm
This doesn't surprise me. . . and I dont think it bothers me. But that is probably because I am already hip. I know a ploy when I see one. I know when its all about PR when I see it. I mean, yes, they donate to UNCF but then they also donate to politicians that vote to cut public assistance of all kind (food, housing, healthcare, etc), politicians that fight to minimize the "minority" voter turnout (and/or increase general disenfranchisement), politicians that generally don't have the general well-being of anyone but their donors and members of their immediate family, or politicians that want to cut pell grants or roll back the GI bill or cute veteran benefits.

I already know that whenever someone says they or their interests are racist this press release will be trotted out. I mean, they bought a wing in the Smithsonian natural history museum in DC, doesn't mean they actually believe in evolution OR that they want it to be taught in schools. They just like to see their names on things. LOL

The problem will be the uninformed, underinformed that will think "oh they did this thing one time for black people, I like them so I will vote for whoever they support ". lol.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:28pm
They want to "promote" the Clarence Thomas types.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:33pm
Based on this alone "Koch Brothers Give $25 Million to United Negro College Fund" i'm gonna go with yes.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:40pm

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/10/07/335968/herman-cain-koch-brothers/

Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

They want to "promote" the Clarence Thomas types.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic