Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did she really just call the cops on us?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

She cried after they left cus she was frustrated and had never experienced racism..

If she was from Crenshaw and beat that hos ass that would have been better in your opinion?

Half of the time y'all make me sick.

I understand why she cried...sometimes your adrenaline is so high yet you're having to bottle them and your body just explodes.  i've cried during situations where i wasn't sad, i was just SO mad and was helpless to change the situation.

we all know racism is real but when you're literally slapped in the face with it, it's hard not to feel something.  that White lady is gonna be a hard luck havin azz hag so whatever.
Sponsored Links

Gemini26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemini26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

the few black people ive known who cried when they were angry, it was a signal for you to leave the room because its a defense mechanism thats stopping them from trying to kill you. 

Bingo!
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Gemini26 Gemini26 wrote:

Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

"and we just have to understand that some people are like that"

This is what really p*ssed me off. Like, doesn't Mr. Officer see an issue with this? Coloured folk are just free game to be harassed and stereotyped, huh? Understandably the cop realized he could have been fighting 'real' crime as opposed to appeasing some little old racist white lady, but these same perceptions of minorities are what influence 'real crimes' of violence, racial profiling and UNNECESSARY MURDERS in the first place.

Oscar Grant
Sean Bell, et al.

Ugh. I'm annoyed.

Sorry you had to deal with this, but I did chuckle at 'nothing but America's racism at work' LOL
This is what we were trying to get the police officer to understand.  He just didn't get why we felt violated.  I ended up calling the police non-emergency number to see if it was possible to file a complaint on the first officer because we didn't feel like he handled the call right.  He pretty much appeased her and made her feel like she had done the right thing, and didn't address our complaint of harassment with her.

The front desk officer I talked to was very helpful and understanding.  He made me feel a little better about why it was handled like it was.  What he told me made a lot of sense, but I'm still filing a complaint. 

These both make me so flippin angry. I'm glad you handled yourself 'calmly', however - heavens knows you would have been locked up had you dared got angry and began screaming.

Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Got damnit white people

This made me laugh. Hard.
Gemini26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemini26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

She cried after they left cus she was frustrated and had never experienced racism..

If she was from Crenshaw and beat that hos ass that would have been better in your opinion?

I understand why she cried...sometimes your adrenaline is so high yet you're having to bottle them and your body just explodes.  i've cried during situations where i wasn't sad, i was just SO mad and was helpless to change the situation.

we all know racism is real but when you're literally slapped in the face with it, it's hard not to feel something.  that White lady is gonna be a hard luck havin azz hag so whatever.
Exactly...
Gemini26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemini26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Gemini26 Gemini26 wrote:

"and we just have to understand that some people are like that"

This is what really p*ssed me off. Like, doesn't Mr. Officer see an issue with this? Coloured folk are just free game to be harassed and stereotyped, huh? Understandably the cop realized he could have been fighting 'real' crime as opposed to appeasing some little old racist white lady, but these same perceptions of minorities are what influence 'real crimes' of violence, racial profiling and UNNECESSARY MURDERS in the first place.

Oscar Grant
Sean Bell, et al.

Ugh. I'm annoyed.

Sorry you had to deal with this, but I did chuckle at 'nothing but America's racism at work' LOL
This is what we were trying to get the police officer to understand.  He just didn't get why we felt violated.  I ended up calling the police non-emergency number to see if it was possible to file a complaint on the first officer because we didn't feel like he handled the call right.  He pretty much appeased her and made her feel like she had done the right thing, and didn't address our complaint of harassment with her.

The front desk officer I talked to was very helpful and understanding.  He made me feel a little better about why it was handled like it was.  What he told me made a lot of sense, but I'm still filing a complaint. 

These both make me so flippin angry. I'm glad you handled yourself 'calmly', however - heavens knows you would have been locked up had you dared got angry and began screaming.

You're absolutely right.  They wouldn't have hesitated to lock all of us up if any one of us lost control.
Gemini26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemini26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:28pm

We all know how that would have ended up...
SWEETBREAD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SWEETBREAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:28pm
Only thing they like black.............is a big ole dack in they mouth!

Edited by SWEETBREAD - Nov 18 2012 at 12:31pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

the few black people ive known who cried when they were angry, it was a signal for you to leave the room because its a defense mechanism thats stopping them from trying to kill you. 

Preach!!!
Because if I am crying out of anger, some sh*t is about to pop off.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:32pm
Im always just surprised when black people are surprised by racism........
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>