FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Did Anyone see the news of a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Anyone see the news of a
    Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:53am
13 month old baby shot for his insurance today on the news? (Monday)..they showed 2 black guys in court for being part of that sickening tragedy..this happened in Georgia.

They are saying there's too many conflicting stories with this murder..they never showed the baby's mother, I think she is a teenager and she was part of it also..

Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 1:42am
Sherry West is 42. Her daughter thinks she's lying, the baby's daddy thinks she did it. She had another son who was stabbed to death. The aforementioned daughter is in jail now.

On March 11, 2008, West's 18-year-old son, Shaun Glassey, died after being stabbed in an incident near Red Bank and Shields avenues in West Deptford. 

Glassey was part of a group of teens who lured a 17-year-old boy to the spot in order to attack him, authorities said. Glassey was armed with a steak knife, which the boy managed to grab from Glassey. As the boy flailed the knife for protection, it struck Glassey in the upper left torso.

http://westdeptford.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/mother-of-slain-ga-infant-also-lost-son-in-2008-wd-stabbing

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/26/baby-stroller-death/2021385/

http://globalgrind.com/2013/03/26/sherry-wests-daughter-questions-mothers-story-about-13-month-olds-murder-video/

http://rollingout.com/shame-on-you/white-mother-lied-on-innocent-black-boys-murdered-her-own-son-in-georgia/

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 1:52am
I thought this happened a few months ago...read about it on CNN today, but they didn't implicate the mother in this.  She said the teens robbed her,then shot the baby.  Let me go find it brb

here it is:

The almost unimaginable crime made national headlines when it happened.

Two teen boys allegedly walked up to a mother demanding money, then shot her 13-month-old boy in the face in his stroller.

Monday, almost five months after the shooting in Brunswick, Georgia, jury selection began in the trial of one of the accused teens, De'Marquise Elkins, 18.

The trial, dubbed the "Brunswick Baby Killing," generated so much publicity that authorities moved it out of Glynn County to the Atlanta suburb of Marietta, in Cobb County.

Charged alongside Elkins is Dominique Lang, 15.

Parents of slain baby speak out
City official arrested in baby shooting

Although Lang is a minor, CNN is identifying him because he is charged as an adult and media in the community have been naming him since his arrest.

Elkins' mother, aunt and sister have also been arrested on various charges alleging that they have hindered the investigation.

The sister, 19-year-old Sabrina Elkins, was arrested on an evidence tampering charge, the Glynn County Sheriff's Office said.

She is accusing her of helping her mother get rid of the gun authorities say was used to kill the child.

Police found the weapon in a pond about 2 miles from where the baby was shot March 21.

'Just took a walk with my baby'

The child's mother, Sherry West put the toddler, Antonio Santiago, in a stroller that day because she said it was good exercise for her heart. West was disabled from a past car accident.

"I just took a walk with my baby," West said. "I can't believe that this would happen, and I left early in the morning. I thought you know that there would be less people on the road and I wouldn't be in anybody's way walking down that road.

"Apparently, either he targeted me or I was just unfortunate," she said of her encounter with the gunman.

West said the incident occurred at 9 a.m. Thursday as she was walking home from the post office.

She said two teenagers came up to her. One pointed a gun at her and told her that if she didn't give him her money, he would shoot her and shoot her baby,

West said the teen fired at her, hitting her in one leg and barely missing her head. The teen, she said, then shot her baby in the face.

West tried to resuscitate her son as bystanders called 911 for help.

It was the second time West lost a son to violence.

Her 18-year-old son was stabbed to death in 2008 in New Jersey.

Edited by Tbaby - Aug 20 2013 at 1:56am
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

The trial, dubbed the "Brunswick Baby Killing," generated so much publicity that authorities moved it out of Glynn County to the Atlanta suburb of Marietta, in Cobb County.

I have often wondered why this (change of venue) was not done for Zimmerman's trial. It certainly should have been.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:09am
dayum...so she lost 2 sons....in the news they kept talking about an insurance policy on the baby..
this is the first i have ever heard of this story...

13 months old little baby..WTFH??? 
I wonder if this trial will be televised...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:11am
Oh this bish again. IMO The mother did it and pulled the ol 'black guys did it' trick. Angry

Antonio Santiago: Suspicious Gunshot Residue Found On Dead Baby’s Parents [VIDEO]

A Georgia Bureau of Investigation report revealed that gun residue was found on the parents of murdered baby, 13-month-old Antonio Santiago, and the defense attorney for De’Marquise Elkins, 17, who has been charged with murder in the baby’s death, filed a motion to force prosecutors to hand over the entire report for review.

As previously reported by NewsOne, on March 21, 2013,baby Antonio was shot while being strolled by his mother, Sherry West, on a quiet, tree-lined street in Brunswick, Georgia. The distraught mother claims that two young Black men — later identified as Elkins and Dominique Lang, 15 — tried to rob her and when she said that she didn’t have any money, one of them shot her in the leg and ear then coldly walked over to the stroller and fatally shot her baby boy in the face.

L-R: Dominique Lang, De’ Marquise Elkins

L-R: Dominique Lang, De’ Marquise Elkins

Read NewsOne’s Timeline of Events here.

911 callers could be heard screaming as they tell the dispatcher that the baby had been shot and his mother had him on the ground trying to perform CPR. One man told the dispatcher that baby Antonio was not breathing and that he had been shot “right between the eyes.”

West claimed that the baby’s father, Louis Santiago, was shopping at Wal-Mart and not with her when Antonio was killed.

Because gun residue was found on both parents, the GBI report tells a different story.

Read more from WPTV:

According to the report, “this supports the possibility that the individual discharged a firearm, was in close proximity to a firearm upon discharge or came into contact with an item whose surface bears GSR.”

Sherry West told WJXT reporter Vic Micolucci that the residue found on her must have come from the struggle she says that happened with the teens charged in the murder: De’marquis Elkins and Dominique Lang. She says she didn’t know why the test would come back positive for her baby’s father, Louis Santiago, but insists he was not there. By the way, West and Santiago are no longer together and WJXT couldn’t reach him because he’s in jail, being held without bond on charges of aggravated stalking related to family violence and violation of probation.

As previously reported by NewsOneWest’s daughter, Ashley Glassey, 21, believes that her mother may have killed the baby for the insurance money.

RELATED: Mom, Aunt Of Suspected Baby Killer Arrested

Glassy says that her mother lost custody of her when she was 8-years-old but they have spoken regularly since 13-month old Antonio was fatally shot in the face. According to Glassy, her mother’s story has changed several times.

Comparisons are being drawn between this developing case and that of Susan Smith. In 1995, Smith murdered her two sons, 3-year-old Michael Daniel Smith and 14-month-old Alexander Tyler Smith, Smith lied and said that an unknown Black man had kidnapped the boys.

Elkins and Lang have been charged with 11 and 7 counts of murder respectively and are being tried as adults.

http://newsone.com/2634440/antonio-santiago-sherry-west/#comment-987446202

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:20am
Quote Sherry West told WJXT reporter Vic Micolucci that the residue found on her must have come from the struggle she says that happened with the teens charged in the murder

Oh, so after they shot and her baby, she struggled with them? Confused And still, she lived to identitfy  her alleged attackers in a police lineup.  Stern Smile

Cuz it was only 3 bullets in that gun, right? Yeah. Okay Sherry. Ermm

eta

Edited by FarraFace - Aug 20 2013 at 2:29am
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:25am
^Girl!

Seems like the mother is getting away free and clear...
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 3:11am
sigh.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 3:32am
so we have 2 innocent black men going down for this? am i reading this correctly? if they didn;t do it then how did they get caught up in this mess?

wait i just read the mother of the dead baby had him cremated within 48 hours and was giving all of his stuff away afterwards? she won't let them analyze the bullet one from her leg and the gun which was found in the pond?
the baby's daddy had gun residue on him and the mother also, but not the two alleged teens?

LAWD I NEED A STIFF DRINK....HOLD THE ICE
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic