Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Did anyone receive an email from BellaDonna?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 5:42pm
LOL-- BellaDonna Extensions is one big scam.
Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:45am
If you purchased from her website and she has in her policy that she doesn't provide refunds and you placed an order anyway (thereby agreeing to her policy) and sent the product back anyway without notification, then unfortunately...she's right. Did you notify them that you were returning the product? 

All companies (all this includes reputable companies both small and large) require that you notify them ahead of time if you intend on sending a product back. I don't know of any online business that let's you send a product back without telling them first.  This is because a shipping address doesn't necessarily mean it's a valid return address (this is why UPS has a separate option for you to include an authorized return address). For example, if you were to buy from Wet seal, Arden B, Bebe, or any other website, they have specific protocol for returns and often times a different address for returns. 

So although, the owner is shady....she's right on that end. 

I doubt she's going to sue you, but you need to return the items to the correct address or it will look like you received your money back without her receiving her merchandise back and that you intentionally circumvented her policy despite agreeing to it when you placed your order. People commit chargeback fraud online often so it sounds like that is what her allegation is. 

She has been intentionally cryptic regarding her "authorized" return address and at one point she did offer returns I believe, so I don't sympathize with her at all (I was one of the ones trying to help people find an "authorized" return address for the seller), however, both the buyer and seller have to follow certain protocol and be held to the same standard. 
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:56am
OP
Did you do your own tracking to verify if it really was deemed undeliverable? Ohmycurlz raises some really good points, but it would be good for you to verify delivery (non) delivery for yourself and not necessarily go by what the seller says paypal says KWIM?
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:10am
serious question, what kind of company gives you a refund BEFORE they receive the items back? Did you file your return with raggedy belladonna or did you dispute the charge through paypal?
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:17am
This is no different than "billing address" vs "shipping address". A lot of us have a different billing address than the address we would like our items sent to. They can be the same, but sometimes they aren't. 

Now if you shipped via USPS, they require a return address for Priority Mail shipments anyway. UPS I know for a fact reflects that a shipping address can be different from an authorized return address. 

OP, here is a link where Paypal explains their policy dealing with sellers who ship from a P.O box: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Getting-started/Use-of-PO-box/td-p/97212?profile.language=en-gb

In order for a seller to lift all of the limitations off of a Paypal account, they have to submit a confirmed (authorized) home address. They CAN however ship from a P.O box. None of that is inherently wrong or indicative of fraud. Paypal, states that they release the confirmed address (home address) to the buyer for returns only if their claim is approved. The address that they release (again, home address) is the one that returns should be sent to. 

OP, did Paypal provide you with the address to return the merchandise back to? Or did you just ship it to the address on the packaging yourself? 

If it's the latter, Paypal may side with the seller.

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Sep 03 2014 at 8:32am
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:20am
Originally posted by _belle _belle wrote:

serious question, what kind of company gives you a refund BEFORE they receive the items back? Did you file your return with raggedy belladonna or did you dispute the charge through paypal?
It sounds like it was disputed through Paypal. Paypal will take the funds out immediately and give it back before the seller receives the merchandise, especially if the bank was involved. 
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

It sounds like it was disputed through Paypal. Paypal will take the funds out immediately and give it back before the seller receives the merchandise, especially if the bank was involved. 

That hasn't been my experience. I've been scammed BOTH ways. The money may have been taken out, but it isn't immediately returned to the seller for a few days at minimum. No one has the money immediately put in their account. But why wouldnt they have access to a PO box listed on their site/paypal? She had to get that address from somewhere.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:36am
OP[...let me help you out...in one of the BellaDonna Threads screen shots were taken from the old site(policies)...and a different one was taken when the business started getting alottttttttttt of orders. Just print those pages and add to your documents. ...check ...page 10 on the thread.. Belladonna gives me life

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Sep 03 2014 at 8:43am
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:42am
OP, you shouldn't be scared. You took the steps you needed to in order to return the merchandise. Should the company have been a decent company they would have made sure you have the right address to send the merchandise to. Once you state that you would like to return the items, they should have replied with a return address. But that is nowhere in the books; just business etiquette which they clearly lack. 

To answer your questions, based upon the policy they had on their site once you purchased and your correspondence during and after the refund, yes they can do this. But will they...? Like how bad is business that you will go through civil court to get $232 back? Seriously Belladonna? Please have two seats with that. SMH.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:45am

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

That hasn't been my experience. I've been scammed BOTH ways. The money may have been taken out, but it isn't immediately returned to the seller for a few days at minimum. No one has the money immediately put in their account. But why wouldnt they have access to a PO box listed on their site/paypal? She had to get that address from somewhere.
Well, IMHO, Paypal is shadier than any online business and highly inconsistent, but that's a whole dif story. 

I've had funds put on "hold" before and then I've been scammed where the customer contacted their CC company (instead of Paypal) and are given an immediate refund and kept the product. I think a lot of this is to Paypal's discretion. 

Paypal was obligated per their policy to give her an authorized return address. Paypal, from what I have seen, is very cut and dry about buyer and seller protection when it comes to shipments. The address matters. I've been forced to refund people even after I could prove that the customer received the item, prove that they used it etc, because it was valued over a certain amount and I didn't require a signature upon delivery. 

If I was the OP I would just wait to get it back and send it to the right address. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>