Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk and a thug
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk and a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk and a thug
    Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:41pm
i know theres a thread on spike and his comments, but this needs a thread on its own

Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:43pm
we talmbout history man, huh, we talmbout history!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:44pm
In an interview posted to YouTube.com, Gregory says that the movie spoke to him in ways that no film had in all his years on earth. He then calls out Lee for criticizing a film that he’s never seen, saying that if anyone has created movies that are disrespectful to our ancestors, it’s Lee himself:

I’ve seen ‘Django Unchained’ 12 times. Never in the history of Hollywood, have they ever made anything that freed the inside of me. The inside of me. I’m 80-years-old, I saw cowboy movies, wasn’t no Black folks in cowboy movies. I’m looking at a Western, plus a love story. To those of you all that see it, you’ll never see a love story about a Black man and a Black woman where it wasn’t some foul sex and foul language, huh. And Spike Lee can’t appreciate that. The little thug ain’t even seen the movie; he’s acting like he White.
So it must be something personal. And all them Black entertainers that know Spike Lee, how you gone attack this man and don’t be attacking them … and then say everyone’s a fool but me. [Talking about] ‘it offended my ancestors,’ but when you did ‘She’s Got To Have It’ and some of those other thug movies you did…you took Malcolm X and put a Zoot suit on him…did that offend your ancestors, punk?
It’s a game, man. So whatever he’s mad about is something that happened way, way long ago. Thank God it didn’t work [to stop the movie from being successful].
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:45pm
Nah didn't even need to watch this vid.. to say I'm not riding with Dick on this one.. #TeamspikeleeClap
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:47pm
you probably need to listen to what he is saying

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

you probably need to listen to what he is saying

ughhh okay since you "axed" me to.EmbarrassedLOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Nah didn't even need to watch this vid.. to say I'm not riding with Dick on this one.. #TeamspikeleeClap

you need to

its long but its worth it

i'm curious to hear what RT thinks
Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 6:10pm
Dick Gregory is an underrated legend
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 6:26pm
He speaks 'old man' so I only got half of what he was saying.
He made good points, i never thought of.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 6:34pm
I've been over Spike lee for years.. He acts as if he is the black people movie police.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic