BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:38am
just some harmless fun LOL

Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

ya'll hostile up in here lol
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:40am
What am I deflecting? You say you're not talking about Django even though that is the topic of the thread so I don't even know what your point is. You're all over the place. Which is why my head hurts
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:46am
noneyons, is it really that hard to follow conversations?

What does Django being in the title have to do with the current conversation at hand?

Clearly we were talking about Black people finding the guts and the funds to finance their own projects. Why is that so hard to follow?
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:48am
You're annoying. This is me deflectingEmbarrassed
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:49am
You're blushing smiley doesn't make you less of a jerk noneyons Angry
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:59am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Both of them are grown and articulate enough to defend themselves. I like spike lee but I'm team D!ck on this.
In the entire movie white people for once as a whole were shown for what they were. The single "hero" went out of his way to declare himself a foreigner . The only thing that would have made it better is if the Dr. could have been a quadroon or mulatto that was passing. I guess they needed that 1 white with a heart but the rest of them were depraved and terrible.

lol...i also thought it was interesting that the dr was german...but that's another discussion...

i wonder if qt will make a prequel about the dr ( i can't even remember his damn name...that's how significant he was to me...but i remember calvin candy and big daddy...Stern Smile) and divulge that he was part black or sumthin like that...

lol his name was Dr.King. you missed that?LOL
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

@Alias. The film was FICTION. Did you not know that before you paid money to sit in a theater? My head hurtsLOL

QT implicated all but one whitey in the movie so in essence, by delving into the psyche of the white characters; portraying them as regular people, he is also implicating 99.999% of white folks we come in contact with everyday. That is profound coming from a white man but he IS still a white man so how much can we expect? 
The mammy character was fiction too. Still harmed the image of black women and that damage still resonates today.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:04am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Both of them are grown and articulate enough to defend themselves. I like spike lee but I'm team D!ck on this.
In the entire movie white people for once as a whole were shown for what they were. The single "hero" went out of his way to declare himself a foreigner . The only thing that would have made it better is if the Dr. could have been a quadroon or mulatto that was passing. I guess they needed that 1 white with a heart but the rest of them were depraved and terrible.

lol...i also thought it was interesting that the dr was german...but that's another discussion...

i wonder if qt will make a prequel about the dr ( i can't even remember his damn name...that's how significant he was to me...but i remember calvin candy and big daddy...Stern Smile) and divulge that he was part black or sumthin like that...

well damn!!!!!!!LOL  i missed that!OuchLOL
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:08am
i might see this movie afterall.

was going to wait for netflix
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:08am

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

well damn!!!!!!!LOL  i missed that!OuchLOL

it was Dr.King + German last name. It was on his wagon.  i saw that and thought "this cracka aint remotely slick"  but apparently he isLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>