Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:30am
A movie about the American oppression of Black people??? Without any redeeming White characters?? Yall cray

That movie woulda neva seen the light of day a

eta: *please read sarcasm*

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jan 16 2013 at 9:35am
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:31am
Stern Smile
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:32am
irony. i kno Embarrassed

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

Stern Smile
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Both of them are grown and articulate enough to defend themselves. I like spike lee but I'm team D!ck on this.
In the entire movie white people for once as a whole were shown for what they were. The single "hero" went out of his way to declare himself a foreigner . The only thing that would have made it better is if the Dr. could have been a quadroon or mulatto that was passing. I guess they needed that 1 white with a heart but the rest of them were depraved and terrible.

lol...i also thought it was interesting that the dr was german...but that's another discussion...

i wonder if qt will make a prequel about the dr ( i can't even remember his damn name...that's how significant he was to me...but i remember calvin candy and big daddy...Stern Smile) and divulge that he was part black or sumthin like that...
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:43am
This is textbook White Liberal Racism

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jan 16 2013 at 9:43am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:46am
oh and i find it hella odd that people think spike lee's body of work is like irrelevant...hmmmmmmm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

melikey, that would have been awesome if the Dr. had been a mullato but white folks would've been like off with the ni9ger lover's head (QT) because there would have been not a single white character with any redeeming qualities lol

Yep + wall to wall coverage about reverse racism on fox news.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:58am
Black people are so scurred of White people , geeez

Who cares what they think? Yea, Hollywood would never fund a movie about a slave revolt with no redeeming White characters. So what, let's pool resources and get the film made ourselves. We could do it in the same way Malcolm X was made

Yea, White people were mad at Malcolm X but it was made nonetheless

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jan 16 2013 at 9:59am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:03am
Alias, no. Just no. 

Aint nobody said nothing about being scared of white folks. Just pointing the reaction white folk would have had IF the film had been done differently. 

Heads up, Christopher Waltz (the Dr.) is going to be on The View in a minute. 

Edited by noneyons - Jan 16 2013 at 10:03am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:05am
Malcolm X is not a good example. At least an hour was dedicated to the "we're all brothers " theme.

Spike did another film overwhelmingly deemed racists by whites but i can not for the life of me remember the name...

Either way, i do wish Django would have went there, i would have like to have seen the fallout.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style