Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 4:10am
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

I listened to the dick Gregory.  I really think some people will not understand what the hell Dick Gregory is saying and how it plays a part in history and how Quentin T presented his movie.  Black people are their own worse enemy. 

Spike is jealous based on the budget and buzz.  He can't criticize content if he did not read the script or see the movie.

dick gregory is correct he is angry over his own ba ge.  Spike is jealous of anybody making a movie as if they need his permission.. he is highly overrated in his own mind.. 

Edited by sexibeach - Jan 16 2013 at 4:14am
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 4:18am
Even if Django was originally a sidekick, I feel as though he was the main character and this was Django's story, not the Dr. Schultz's and not his wife's, which was okay, in my mind, that she didn't play a larger role.  I feel as though Dr. Schultz was the supporting character who showed Django's development.  I liked the role reversal--the white guy being used as a prop for the black guy.  I also felt there was a little more to the scene when Schultz killed Candie.  I felt like Django couldn't get complete revenge because Dr. Schultz deprived him of it.  I was also not bothered by Django not helping the other slaves.  He had to play a role.  Helping the slaves would have blown his cover and maybe wind up getting him killed.  He was at Candie's plantation to get his wife.  He didn't see himself as Harriet Tubman.  In a way, this could be a character flaw...but then again, I wasn't expecting him to play the role of super-negro, either.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 5:39am
Shultz was having flashbacks about the slave being torn to bits by dogs. he had a soft spot for the slaves plight. To shake Candies hand would have been seen back in the day when a handshake meant something as if he was in agreement with how Candie treated his slaves or the mistreatment of slaves in general. He rather have killed Candie than to shake his hand.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 6:47am
Clapgood video.  havent seen the movie yet and have no opinion on it.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 7:18am
I haven't seen the movie yet but I thought it was a very interesting video. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 7:20am
when was he given a pass? i was absent at the annual Nig.guh BlackCard meeting
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

when was he given a pass? i was absent at the annual Nig.guh BlackCard meeting
ya feel me?

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Our people's history was bad enough, Slavery doesn't need embellishing
And the bold is not a "source"

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I think the Mandingo fighting was to show the depravity of the slave owners.

Also Mandingo fighting was used in the novel Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

just out of curiousty, where are the sources for the majority of black history at the mo?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I don't really care about the specifics of this movie tbh, i gave my review and opinion already. Nothing left to say

Anyways, I just think that people should think twice about insulting Spike Lee in favor of QT
geez, after all that? well you def fooled us

and i find the irony is that you are not addressing any or the points raised by dick gregory, but simply addressing the fact that he castigates spike over qt, which he does factually, calls him a name or two but addresses spikes issue with facts.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 8:09am
Both of them are grown and articulate enough to defend themselves. I like spike lee but I'm team D!ck on this.
In the entire movie white people for once as a whole were shown for what they were. The single "hero" went out of his way to declare himself a foreigner . The only thing that would have made it better is if the Dr. could have been a quadroon or mulatto that was passing. I guess they needed that 1 white with a heart but the rest of them were depraved and terrible.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 24>