BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:41am
I remember asking one of my relatives if they would stop using it and he told me that he had been called it enough times and will use it any time he damn well pleases. Yt people don't want us to stop using it for some positive reason, not so that we can evolve or whatever bs spin that they put on it. A large part of its power is because it was exclusive for them to use against us. Now that we use it there is this movement to stop its use. Notice how one of the most common retorts is something about how if we can use it then they can use it. They just want control and rights to it. Not equality, not evolution.

And for Black people to buy into sharing the blame for their discrimination against us? Whatever. They think what they want to think about us no matter what we say, how we act, how we dress, what we eat etc. Us being alive in any capacity above being subservient is enough. We were how many thousands of miles away minding our own business? They started this sh*t all over the world. The sooner we realize this the better.

Edited by joileprincess - Jan 16 2013 at 12:43am
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:44am
IA Jolie.

I cringe when I hear a black person say something to the tune of " now they are gonna think we all act like that" or " she is making us look bad" .
Look bad to who?
Stop paying these white folk mind.
They will think what they want to think
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:44am
White people have always taken liberties with African American culture. A large part of African American culture is dictated/defined by white people
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:45am
I wish blk ppl did stop using it but its never going to happen. 
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

If we do it should be because we want to. Not because we were told not to.

And you're right, it probably won't happen.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:52am
I use to cringe when I heard my mom or sister say it. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Sort of off topic but not really.

Dick Gregory talked about Foxx and his wife riding off into the sunset at the end of the movie. All I could think about after I saw that was how screwed they were gonna be when the klan go to them.

i thought "how in the world are these nig.gas gonna leave mississippi?"
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

If we do it should be because we want to. Not because we were told not to.

And you're right, it probably won't happen.

We should want to.... more of us anyway... but nah it wont.......They tried to bury it in Detroit but...nah...lol
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:55am
I feel no type of way when black ppl say it .
I just don't.

And I don't like when ppl say well if we use it of course they will use it.

TH, no
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 1:01am
I do...I cant lie...it will never been a positive term for me... ever. Id be offended if it was said to me by anyone but thats just me.  I hate hearing it on campus and I especially hate when parents refer to their child as such.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
  Share Topic