BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:30am
I don't agree with dick Gregory.

But artists criticize other artist.
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

I am enjoying this discussion.

Sidenote, I really like how Dick touched on the use of the word n*gger. Its true that they began the use of it in the current context and are now telling us its inappropriate to say. And having Black people buy into the notion that our use of it is what encourages their continued justification for using it. Like WTF? How did they manage to twist that sh*t around.

It was a really good bit of info in that clip... for sure....
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:31am
White people are the Reverse Psychology Kings and Queens

However, modern day Whites don't need to tell us to or not to call ourselves "ni99ers" and "ni99as" cuz we got that on lock

Black people actually think that the word stems from "Negro" and is synonymous with Black
It's not

It's been used against many groups of color including Philipinos and Native Americans, just to name a few

I wish we would stop calling it "our word". It's not and why would we want it to be

Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

I am enjoying this discussion.

Sidenote, I really like how Dick touched on the use of the word n*gger. Its true that they began the use of it in the current context and are now telling us its inappropriate to say. And having Black people buy into the notion that our use of it is what encourages their continued justification for using it. Like WTF? How did they manage to twist that sh*t around.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Henry Louis Gates: It's a fundamental trope of the genre.

Quentin Tarentino: Absolutely. So I'm falling back on that. However, knowing you have the history of cinema where, OK, this is a movie about Stephen Biko, but we're telling it through Kevin Kline's eyes -- that kind of situation -- I actually was hoping to get a little bit of narrative anxiety going on about halfway through the movie: Wait, is this just going to be Schultz doing everything? What's going on here?

Hopefully, if you're unbiased, from where I'm coming from, it makes sense how the whole first part of the story's going. But when is Django going to be the hero? Because truthfully, in the first half of the story, he is Schultz's sidekick. But to me that's OK.

Django was use to violence from Americans and Schultz was not (foreigner).  Sidekick implies of like mind.  They were not. 

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Gannon Gannon wrote:

Dick Gregory is an underrated legend
i agree...n*gger is one of the first books you see when you walk into my house.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:37am
Sort of off topic but not really.

Dick Gregory talked about Foxx and his wife riding off into the sunset at the end of the movie. All I could think about after I saw that was how screwed they were gonna be when the klan go to them.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:40am
^^ me too.  there was no happy ending.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Dick Gregory talked about Foxx and his wife riding off into the sunset at the end of the movie. All I could think about after I saw that was how screwed they were gonna be when the klan go to them.

LOLLOL

I said they bout to be runing forevah...shhhh as long as that movie was i sat there til the credits rolled for a minute just to be damn sure there wasnt an intermission.

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:40am
Me too. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style