BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:53pm
Our people's history was bad enough, Slavery doesn't need embellishing
And the bold is not a "source"

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I think the Mandingo fighting was to show the depravity of the slave owners.

Also Mandingo fighting was used in the novel Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:53pm
Yes.

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Did anyone watch Lincoln?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:55pm
I'm not saying its a source ppl are acting giving QT too much credit on certain things in the movie.

He didnt think of all this on his own .
Much of of QTs work is based on borrowing and spinning

Alias what harm do you think the movie did

Edited by jonesable - Jan 16 2013 at 12:03am
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:55pm
You think slave owners would draw the line at Mandingo Fighting? Like that would be taking things to far? Slaveowners?...

And IA Jones... during that scene u saw more of the owners than the men fighting and it was the most disgusting thing about it...their faces and reactions.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:56pm

The film portrays a partisan named Rodolfo collaborating with the Nazis, contradicting Italian versions of the massacre, which record it as an unprovoked war crime.

"We had asked for a meeting with Spike Lee several times to discuss the inaccuracies and said we were willing to talk but we never heard back," Giovanni Cipollini, ANPI vice president, said.

"His film is made up of half truths which have nothing to do with what really happened - and to add insult to injury we have not even been invited to the premier."

The film is based on a book written by James McBride, the black American Second World War veteran. At the ceremony in Sant Anna on Tuesday he said: "I am sorry if I have offended the partisans.

"I am a historical writer and just wanted to give life to the victims. As a black American I have utmost respect for the partisans but I wanted to show that in war everything is possible.

"I want to stress that the book is fiction, I write historical novels not books on history."

______

So the writer wanted to show that in war, anything is possible, so he made up a plot point. Spike Lee adapted that into his film, regardless of it being accurate or not.

Sounds just like QT. In slavery, anything is possible.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jan 15 2013 at 11:57pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:57pm
I don't expect a QT movie to be accurate or authentic.
I don't expect movies in general to be such.
Hell not even novels are.

I understand that some ppl are uncomfortable with the movie and that's fine.

IA RT.
I understood its purpose .

We were these ppls work and plays things they did with us what they wanted.

That was the point of the fighters

Edited by jonesable - Jan 16 2013 at 12:01am
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:58pm
I listened to the dick Gregory.  I really think some people will not understand what the hell Dick Gregory is saying and how it plays a part in history and how Quentin T presented his movie.  Black people are their own worse enemy. 

Spike is jealous based on the budget and buzz.  He can't criticize content if he did not read the script or see the movie.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:58pm
He was indeed, a sidekick throughout 75% of this movie.

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Watching the film Django wasnt a sidekick... he may have been  presented as such so that he could be given the privileges he got but na he wasnt the Robin to Batman sidekick by any means imo

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:00am
Ftr, I thought Django was a 7 out of 10 movie and I stated I didn't see why people thought it was a masterpiece. I didn't love it at all. Had plenty of problems with it.

But some of the things being said in this thread (and others) against it don't make much sense to me.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

He was indeed, a sidekick throughout 75% of this movie.

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Watching the film Django wasnt a sidekick... he may have been  presented as such so that he could be given the privileges he got but na he wasnt the Robin to Batman sidekick by any means imo

I disagree
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style