Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

imma hazard a guess and say 4 maybe five people listened prior to commenting

I'm still listening. That comment caught me off guard though.
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

This ain't even about quality of work bcuz at the end of the day, all of that is subjective anyhow

What has QT done for Black ppl? Are we better off with Django and QT? Hmmm...

He employed black actors?...No one is discrediting what Spike has done but imo you dont have to tear down QT work as if its nothing. Ive never been a crazy fan of Spike but he has made some good flicks. Are we better off? in what way? Are we better off with the Madea flicks?.... What movie has come out and afterwards made blk ppl better off after it was made? (serious question).

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:11pm

This ain't even about quality of work bcuz at the end of the day, all of that is subjective anyhow

The bold is just as subjective as the first line. And less relevant too.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jan 15 2013 at 11:12pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:11pm
I didn't know Spike lee didnt like Thler Perry's work
I probably could have guessed though

Edited by jonesable - Jan 15 2013 at 11:12pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:15pm
How are "Madea flicks" even relevant to this conversation when we're discussing Spike Lee???? Confused

If you don't think Black people are better off with mutli-dimensional characters written by a Black director who casts Black actors as the MAIN characters vs. a White director who routinely uses "ni99er" in his work and casts a Black actors as side kicks and plot devices in a slave western epic than by all means, support your beloved Whitey

but why don't we stop disrespecting a man who has done a great deal for Black actors and filmmakers, whether you like his work or not.... whether you think he's "whiny" and "bitter" or not

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

He employed black actors?...No one is discrediting what Spike has done but imo you dont have to tear down QT work as if its nothing. Ive never been a crazy fan of Spike but he has made some good flicks. Are we better off? in what way? Are we better off with the Madea flicks?.... What movie has come out and afterwards made blk ppl better off after it was made? (serious question).

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jan 15 2013 at 11:16pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:17pm
He doesn't like ANY directors who work consists of stereotypical and underdeveloped Black carictures

At least he is consistent

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I didn't know Spike lee didnt like Thler Perry's work
I probably could have guessed though
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:18pm
Pam Grier was the main character in Jackie Brown. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:20pm

that was interesting.  got some things to research out of that clip.

spike has gone in plenty times on Tyler Perry.  Now that Tyler is slowly moving away from Madea I wonder what Spike gone criticize now?  Considering the wealth that Tyler has built I was hopin' they would come together but Spike's ego and lack of foresight buss him in his own ass.  Tyler could have been a powerful ally had Spike not let jealousy get the better of him.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Pulp Fiction ushered in a new generation of filmmakers. Every frame has been analyzed in film school. Every line in the script analyzed. Say what you want about him but to deny him of that is silly.

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:21pm
I do agree that Spike Lee is a legend.
Do THe Right Thing will be preserved forever .
It's a masterpiece of its time I think.

It's a significant piece of work not just a movie.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
  Share Topic