BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dick gregory on spike lee: he a punk & a thug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:43pm
Good stuffClap

I agree with Sang...Spike is overrated
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Whaaaaaat? How you gonna be "over Spike Lee" and embrace Tarantino??? This is crazy. Spike lee is not the know all and be all that he sometimes portrays himself to be. But damn, if that wasn't a groundbreaking filmmaker, I don't know what is. Spike is the black equivalent of Woody Allen. Tarantino doesn't even come close to that kind of relevance. *Didn't listen either, just read the transcript*

In film? How so?
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:56pm
Spike is typical.  Passion of the Christ was made by mel gibson I believe.  I think it is lunacy for anyone to criticize something without first hand going to see the movie.  Talking movie.  Not life experience so please don't bring up little jimmy falling in the pool at the neighbor house.  MOVIE.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:57pm
I don't subscribe to hysteria but some people do...
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

Tarratino cannot be knocked down by Spike and vice versa.  Two different type of directors with two different styles.  It was really silly for spike to criticize something he had not seen.  See it then criticize I can respect that but to not have seen it...speaks volumes against spike.  Plus spike is the same person that gave out or retweeted wrong second hand information about the stand your ground person in florida...so yea.

Disagree. Lots of jewish folks did not see "The Last temptation of Christ". That didn't stop them from criticizing, did it? He knew the premisce to be a spaghetti western about slavery and that was plenty enough to form an opinion. I saw Django on the net and it was everything I expected it to be from what I read about it (and it wasn't much). I just don't like all this criticizing of Spike by black people as of late. Yes, he does act a little bit too self important at times. But at the same time, he deserved a lot more accolades than he ever received. "Do the Right thing" is a movie that is taught and dissected in film school TO THIS DAY. The man is a genious and was a voice for his generation and his community, whereas Tarantino will be remembered in a few decades as a clown who makes clown movies

As someone who works within a related field  I can tell u  this is completely false.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:03pm
imma hazard a guess and say 4 maybe five people listened prior to commenting
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:03pm
This ain't even about quality of work bcuz at the end of the day, all of that is subjective anyhow

What has QT done for Black ppl? Are we better off with Django and QT? Hmmm...
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:05pm
Very false and speaks volumes that you don't know Tarratino's (sp) work.  Spike is not in the league of Quentin.  Spike is in his on league and may be jealous based on Quentin budget and hype behind a realease of a Quentin movie.  Now if Spike would do a Cleopatra Movie that would move him up a notch in my book. lol
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:06pm
Pulp Fiction ushered in a new generation of filmmakers. Every frame has been analyzed in film school. Every line in the script analyzed. Say what you want about him but to deny him of that is silly.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jan 15 2013 at 11:08pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

imma hazard a guess and say 4 maybe five people listened prior to commenting

LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair