Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris aka Chicken Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris aka Chicken Skin

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fauxtaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fauxtaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris aka Chicken Skin
    Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 9:21pm
My son, age 9, was diagnosed with keratosis pillars and after seeing his primary doctor and dermatologist, they both said that there isn't a medicine to cure or treat it. While the rough skin.tiny bumps do not hurt, he's of age and starting to play a part in his self esteem. I give him black soap and Cetaphil for moisturizer in the morning and organic coconut oil with aloe vera gel for moisturizer at night. I'm curious if anyone has ever dealt with this skin issue and how you went to treat it. Im interested in any OTC med, holistic treatment, creams, etc.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camille07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 4:08pm
why didn't the dermatologist prescribe a topical retinoid? Confused 
if his age is an issue, rx strength salicylic acid is also an option. 

you can get urea creams from amazon. alldaychemist for tretinoin; adapalene/differin is also effective and it's otc now.  

i've been dealing with this my whole life, so let me know how, if any, these work for you. how long have you been trying this cetaphil/coconut regimen? 
Fauxtaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fauxtaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2018 at 4:23pm
Thanks for your response. The dermatologist had mis-diagnosed him with a different issue prescribe him with hydrocortisone. Once I saw it was the exact same brand and strength she gave him for eczema, I went right back to her office and told her to try again. She said there is nothing she can try beside acidic skin peel but do want to try that until it's super necessary. 

So since his keratosis diagnosis, I give him Gold Bond's Rough and Bumpy Skin Cream. It's been less than a month so no noticeable improvements. He still uses Dove soap and black soap to wash. I'll update this with any improvements or if it's gotten worse.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic