Developer for clear

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Developer for clear
    Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 8:19pm
Do you need developer for clear color? I am reading the instructions for ION color brilliance in clear, and it says to mix 2 oz of clear with 2 oz 10 developer. If I am not mistaken, developer is like bleach and will lighten the hair. I just want to give my hair a clear gloss and shine, so can I skip the developer?
Sponsored Links

9osZBehbi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9osZBehbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 3:38pm
You don't need developer for a rinse unless you're trying to go lighter or want a bright color.  Since clear is not lighter, you don't need developer.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 7:11pm
Thanks. That's what I thought too. I'll see what happens when I use it.
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine wrote:

Do you need developer for clear color? I am reading the instructions for ION color brilliance in clear, and it says to mix 2 oz of clear with 2 oz 10 developer. If I am not mistaken, developer is like bleach and will lighten the hair. I just want to give my hair a clear gloss and shine, so can I skip the developer?

No, you can't skip the 10vol developer with it. The instructions calls for 10 vol (3%) developer because it opens the hair shaft to allow the color to sink in a lil bit. There's barely any lifting at all unless your hair is fine.

There are also shampoo in glosses that don't require developer ION Color Brilliance has one in clear.

glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 7:37pm
I may try this too...see below:

What is a long-lasting semi-permanent color?

A long-lasting semi-permanent color contains no ammonia and deposits only. It is mixed with a low-volume developer to help open the cuticle and lasts up to 24 shampoos. This type of color is used to blend gray, enhance natural color, refresh color, tone highlights or for corrective work

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic