Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

DETEST my new weave!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
miss america View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss america Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 5:40pm
Omg...taking your life over a bad weave???....go talk to you parents now! Wow
Sponsored Links

directioner :) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote directioner :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 5:45pm
The hair looks worse in person I received so many weird looks and some laughs honestly it looks absolutely horrid in person it actually looks decent on the picture.

I can't go back to the salon I will offend the lady who did my hair who is always there and you don't want to get on the bad side of her she wouldn't be very understanding. I don't have enough money myself to pay for take out and re-install. Also I strongly doubt they will let me re do the hair I honestly don't think they will and there are very few employees probably 4 at most and 2 are there only once/twice a week what will I do if I get the same stylist again? She will only mess it up again. Oh dear gosh if ony it was possible to go back in time....
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 6:11pm
what about a hat? & I know how you feel about having a jacked up hair do, but it is just a hair do...you are putting waaay too much value in the weave. Try to put a cap and rock the hair the best you can until you can get it taken out.

Or ask your mom to speak to the stylist and have it redone. Just a plan install instead of this pull back type of style maybe?
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by directioner :) directioner :) wrote:

The hair looks worse in person I received so many weird looks and some laughs honestly it looks absolutely horrid in person it actually looks decent on the picture.

I can't go back to the salon I will offend the lady who did my hair who is always there and you don't want to get on the bad side of her she wouldn't be very understanding. I don't have enough money myself to pay for take out and re-install. Also I strongly doubt they will let me re do the hair I honestly don't think they will and there are very few employees probably 4 at most and 2 are there only once/twice a week what will I do if I get the same stylist again? She will only mess it up again. Oh dear gosh if ony it was possible to go back in time....

you should wear a scarf or a hair band and curls the bottom.....in high school i dye my hair red to match my weave ( and my leave out turn out to be orange Cry),i put a scarf on my head an went to school an then i made it worst....Ouch
Mally2687 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mally2687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 8:08pm
STOP going to a salon where the hair stylist would get mad at you for you not being happy that's horrible business. You should be a happy client and she should want to make you happy. YOU  PAID HER ARSE/BILLS! SO go back and get what you paid for!
The first full sew in I got looked horrible I cried too and got really upset, but after I got done with all my crying then I pulled up and thought wait I paid for a service I didn't receive and spoke to the manager of the salon and got the problem fix the next day.
PerfectBxtch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBxtch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 8:29pm
Ok idk if your hair is relaxed or not but try doing a braid out on ALL of the hair, braiding your real hair with the weave hair, make sure not to use too much product so your hair is FULLY DRY in the morning and then use a headband to push the hair back

its not the best weave Dead. BUT i had a horrible weave once too so i feel your pain

but at the end of the day, it's still great for your hair and your real hair is protected and growing underneath

all is not lost!

watch this video on relaxed braid outs
its so pretty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtS82TzjVbE
veedubbz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote veedubbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 8:41pm
Try wearing the hair with big voluminous curls.

Put the hair into a messy bun and tie a cute head scarf around your hair to hide the bulky parts, if that makes sense.

Talk to you parents and have them take you back to this salon and speak with the stylist. You sound like you are quite young, I'm sure they will understand your distress.
Please don't harm yourself over a bad weave, honey. It's just hair.
billowss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote billowss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:32pm
I usually lurk here, but after reading I want to come out and post my response...

I know not everything I'm saying here is too different, but I do want to assure you of a few things.

In some cases, you won't like the way your weave looks right after the install.  As someone who is rather softspoken, I understand how it feels to be nervous about telling a stylist that you're unhappy. 

My first install was pretty bad.  Lumpy, actually.  But of course, I was too nervous to say anything to the stylist.  Definitely do try at least sleeping with a scarf to perhaps flatten your hair out.  I sometimes have to do this so my leave-out can "calm down" LOL  

Bobby pins and hair clips helped me out a lot too.  Discretely placed bobby pins matching the hair color, and cute hair accessories strategically placed to make your hair more presentable AND cuter at the same time.  There are a lot of cute headbands out there!

As a few ladies already mentioned, try styling the hair in different ways.

If you are tinkering with the idea of returning to the stylist, I would definitely not hold off - a lot of stylists will make corrections for free AT LEAST within the first week or two.  A reasonable stylist should be able to take polite criticism or suggestions.

And lastly, do you perhaps have a friend or family member who could assist you in taking the weave out without having to pay to have it removed?

Whatever you do, no matter how unhappy you are with how your hair looks, do not forget to take care of your hair while this weave is installed.  Even if you think your install is the most unsightly thing in the world, remember to still maintain the health of your hair throughout, don't give up!

Hair and appearances are a sensitive topic.  For some of us, if we don't feel good about our hair, we don't feel good about how we look, and it can really drag you down.  Please don't feel like you have to harm yourself and take your life.  Hair, money, appearances, are NOT worth your health and safety.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 12:16am
Have your mom or at the very leastan assertive friend call the salon. Have them explain how you feel and tell her she needs to redo it, you will wait if you have to for her to finish other clients but you need your hair done correctly.

I am much older than you and I have cried from absolute frustration from jacked up installs. After she fix the mess she made don't go to her ever again and the next time you are unhappy with your hair don't get out of that chair until its corrected or free.

Relax, Relate, Release love...you will be fine.
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 12:31am
This is a basic weave, how did she end up messing this up? maybe she was trying to create the volume on the picture....If you know how to use your ten fingers , if you have a thread and a needle u can fix it yourself.. Remove the top portion and sew it back one track after the other until the braids are covered...I mean i really don't know how she mess that up, maybe if u take better picture of the install somebody can help u further. When getting weave you still need to learn the basis. How to add tracks, remove track, fix a loose track. Always have a thread and needle in hand. Its winter here, idk where you are now but u can buy those fashion large headband to hide the bump. Regular headband won't work as well, it need to be the crochet winter ones (they hide flaws better) Put you hair in a bun and cover the bump with the headband.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic