Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DESTROYING natural hair in the process of SEW INS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DESTROYING natural hair in the process of SEW INS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 5:08pm
Also, by wearing wigs, properly, -after seven years of being bald from weaves- i don't have the problem of thinning hair, or bald spots, to just "out and out" traction alopecia.  Those "so-called" "Weavologists" will never tell you to stop wearing weaves as long as they have a car payment every month..

Thanks to them, i graduated from "Thinning hair" to "Bald spots" that would take years to recover to just just plain bald.  Bright, shiny, bald headed, weave wearing, "femme" had to admit to herself that weaves were not for her.  Why?  Because that "PRO" would never admit to being the accomplice in such an atrocity to a woman's head.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Nov 29 2012 at 5:09pm
Sponsored Links

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 9:32pm
I could see how weaves could hinder growth on some... They did for me for awhile but I never took care of the hair underneath and I never detangled after a take down of an install.

I want to try wigs but I'm scared. :(
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:03am
Thanks for this topic and comments I am bout to start wearing some sew ins soon
Yellowbeauty22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbeauty22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:22am
I totally feel your struggle!! However, I have a. bald spot since I was like 14. On the right side of my head. Its been sooooo hard trying to get it to grow back. An 8 yrs later it still hasn't grew much. I'm sure me relaxing my hair n wearing weave doesn't help either.
Yellowbeauty22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbeauty22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:23am
I totally feel your struggle!! However, I have a. bald spot since I was like 14. On the right side of my head. Its been sooooo hard trying to get it to grow back. An 8 yrs later it still hasn't grew much. I'm sure me relaxing my hair n wearing weave doesn't help either.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:50am
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

I could see how weaves could hinder growth on some... They did for me for awhile but I never took care of the hair underneath and I never detangled after a take down of an install.

I want to try wigs but I'm scared. :(

yeah, there's a lot of trial and error when it comes to wigs.  Just the same as  with anything else.  the same goes for weaves as it does for wig.  You have to take care of your own hair underneath.

All i could think of was some envious chick coming up behind me and yanking it off my head.  Bobby pins flying and all.  But that never happened.

I have no idea how i proudly patiently lived with the problems with weaves.

1) weave checking - i don't get this with wigs.  I wear a wigs that look natural and a practical length - no one even bothers to ask or touch.

2) The fatal beautician/beauty shop.  Waiting for hours, kids running around you and clientele walking up and digging in your head during the install.

3) You're walking out of the beauty shop thinking you look "fly" - and the clientele are laughing their as&*&s off.

4) The wind is not your friend when it comes to wearing weaves.  The tracks in the front say "HELLO WORLD" when there's a good breeze.  (I was once called "Flo Jo" by the gays in San Francisco.  Not because i looked like her - i was later told it was their "back-handed" way of calling me THE TRACK QUEEN)..

5)  That beautician again - you're on time and she's not..Angry

6) and for me?  The traction alopecia that i developed after 15+ years of wearing weaves.

Hey Darlinnic, there are some ladies that have been a huge encouragement, and inspiration when it comes to wigs.  How i learned to wear them was doing research and checking out the what the experts have to say - and photos, in the wig section.

HTH

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Yellowbeauty22 Yellowbeauty22 wrote:

yeah, i know about those "bald spots".  Mine came from over 15+ maybe 20 years of "anchoring" the track to an area.  Some of the stylists over the years would change the areas, but over time, they ran out of options.

when my SO finally took a mirror and showed me all the bald spots, i damn near cried.  Not one beautician would show me what was really going on "up there".. or even mention those areas.

Several setbacks later?  My hair finally gave up and fell out.  Except for 3 "defiant strands" that stood on top of my head no matter what i did.  Right there on the crown.

The rest of my scalp was basically burned from the relaxers the stylists still applied under net weaves, sew ins, glue ins, you name it.  The anchoring areas were the shiniest.  I was told these "extremely shiny" areas would not ever grow back due to follicle damage.

I stayed on these boards - learned, was inspired, encouraged, researched, and was patient.  7 years later, i have hair.  There is still one small area that is stubborn but it's growing.  and yes, it, too is on the right side of my head, and still needs to "catch up".

But it's just one small spot.  Hell - it used to be my WHOLE DAMN HEAD..Confused

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:52am
You know what... I didn't even realize there was a wig section ... :(

I'm going to spend some time down there

Thanks Feme!
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:15pm
You should oil your scalp while wearing your weave. I like Do Gro oil because its easy to get in between the braids.  A wig is also good option because you can put all your hair up. DO NOT wear the half wig or u-part wig on a consistent basis because you'll end up with thinning hair and/or heat damage from the constant flat ironing used for blending.
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:20pm
NEVER PERM YOUR HAIR BEFORE A SEW-IN. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>