Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DESTROYING natural hair in the process of SEW INS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

DESTROYING natural hair in the process of SEW INS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 7:39pm
ive been wearing weave for years...i see some grow but not much,so i decide to buy 2 lace front wig so i can take care of my natural hair
Sponsored Links

LadyLovely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLovely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 5:48am
Darlinnic.    Ok I know this is an old thread but I was wondering do you still wear sew ins? Your hair reminds me mine very thick and long. Do you self install or get them professionally done

Edited by LadyLovely - Jan 18 2014 at 5:51am
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 8:42am
A little track here and there jacked my hair up for years also. Instead of growing, it was getting shorter and fast! I was never able to grow any hair until I  got out of weaves. I think a lot depends on hair type. Some people have hair that is much too fragile and delicate to hang things on it. I'm one of them. Those with very thick or coarse hair might be sew in's best candidates. Also if their hair thins out a lot they won't even notice.
growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Also, by wearing wigs, properly, -after seven years of being bald from weaves- i don't have the problem of thinning hair, or bald spots, to just "out and out" traction alopecia.  Those "so-called" "Weavologists" will never tell you to stop wearing weaves as long as they have a car payment every month..

Thanks to them, i graduated from "Thinning hair" to "Bald spots" that would take years to recover to just just plain bald.  Bright, shiny, bald headed, weave wearing, "femme" had to admit to herself that weaves were not for her.  Why?  Because that "PRO" would never admit to being the accomplice in such an atrocity to a woman's head.
This! IMO like someone suggested, OP needs to go to the newbie section & see if her regimen is okay.

More importantly, OP you need to listen to your hair. While as a rule weaves and braids  are supposed to be good, they are not for everyone.

IMO the problem in the black commmunity is that while a lot of these so called weavelogists only care about the weave itself and are so quick to compromise your own hair. Then you are forced to always wear weave or other extensions because your own hair is chewed up and too embarrassed to be seen in it.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:33pm
yes wigs, u-parts and 1/2 wigs are much better for growing hair than weaves imo
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by LadyLovely LadyLovely wrote:

Darlinnic.    Ok I know this is an old thread but I was wondering do you still wear sew ins? Your hair reminds me mine very thick and long. Do you self install or get them professionally done

Professionally done...
I can't corn row :(
DOLLHOUSESTYLIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOLLHOUSESTYLIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Originally posted by blackarosoe blackarosoe wrote:

If youstill have issues than i suggest to wear a wig half wig or what so ever.
I had the same issues, i am natural and my hair kept breaking so i stopped sewins and start wigging it. Ad first i didnot like tbe idea i thought that wigs were for people who had no hair. But after this forum i am in love with them. My hair is growing like crazy and its healthy and thick.

Think about it.

I switched to wigs, too, and never looked back.  Best investments i've ever made when it came to my hair journey!

I noticed that weaves weren't made for ladies with fine hair.  Many of us can't have the best of both worlds.  If you're hair is too fragile and can't hold the weight of the tracks, PLUS the hair itself?  Then try something different.  Wigs are great protective styles, give far more versatility, and are a lot cheaper than weaving.

I, too, had trepidation about wearing a wig.  Whelp! my SO finally "let loose" and told me about my weaves. He was finally relieved that i wear wigs that are far more "natural" than the weaves i wore when we first met.

In his "hour of honesty" he stated that "Well, at least NOW when the wind blows your don't have a big as&*& track trailing along your forehead showing the whole world that you have a WEAVE."

ConfusedLOL

I completely agree with you on that I luv my u parts and lace-fronts. I do sew my units down  thou. so i feel secure with it in. Has been the best thing for my hair. Sew ins arent for women with fine hair. I wont put them in my hair any more or my clients unless the have strong hair or alopecia or some scalp disorder. I remove mines weekly, a deep conditioner and a oil rinse. Carrot oil and castor oil with coconut oil. It is  the best hydration mask for my hair. Never have to worry about that shedding or combing out phase again. I love the fact that i have saved my lovely locks. No naomi Cambell over here. I got all my edges boo.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:45pm
I've worn weaves for years and years and it used to grow my hair like crazy until it started doing the exact opposite 6 years ago, which is around the time I decided to go natural.
I tried one as a protective style last year and although I took every precaution imaginable, it was still tearing my hair out. Took it out after 2 weeks. My hair simply can't tolerate them anymore, no matter how loose.
misslexy22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslexy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:32pm
 I just prefer to wear u-part wigs or use my clip in extensions. I have heard some awful stories with sew ins breaking peoples hair.
DOLLHOUSESTYLIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOLLHOUSESTYLIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 1:40am
That happens as we great older, weaves are best for strong hair or people with alopecia.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic