Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DestinyGoldley SpinOff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 11:36am

I wear (at least) foundation and setting powder when I go in for work/out shopping/night etc...

I also fill in my brows

I do not wear make up when I work out

as for my daily skin routine I wash with sensitive skin cleanser and use sensitive skin moisturizer

my first trip to a dermatologist was at age 15 for my acne, I was put on accutane but had a severe side effect and stopped

I used many products for many years, even tried proactive

I didn't go back to the dermatologist until I was say 21 for a chemical burn on my face, I did an at home skin peel

I was introduced to aquaphor for my chemical burn (I was prescribed something too)

Then learned I shouldn't use certain products on my face, like the typical anti-blemish stuff you find in every store

so I still have acne at this point, comes and goes

at 22/23 I start going to the derm again for my acne

I am put on antibotics and even do 4-5 skin peels

nothing works and I get cystic acne

I then try face steaming and oil pulling, cystic acne gets worse

my derm puts me on actutane (formula has changed)

my acne improves but now my face is super sensitive

I have been off accutane for 2 years but my face is still super sensitive

I recently suffered from hypo pigmentation b/c of a face serum I was using, a serum I used before with no problem but all of a sudden my face is super sensitive to it

any who through all of this I have always asked my derm about wearing make up and as long as I do go some days without (and I do) and I wash my face properly, I don;t need to worry about make up breaking me out

water based foundations are best so I try to go for those and stay away from super heavy foundations

I posted all of this b/c it was asked what do women that wear make up do for there skin, so I thought I would share all that I have done for my skin

I would love to just wash my face and go and not break out or have discoloration but I can't

I still work to get completely blemish/mark free skin but while I do I will wear foundation in the meanwhile

Edited by SamoneLenior - Sep 30 2013 at 11:38am
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:21pm
<-----that's all I can do. Studio fix, lipstick, and mascara. The lady at Mac said use a brush with the studio fix. The most I know/do for makeup is go to Mac, and that's because I don't know any better. If I knew better, I'd do better lol.

I youtube hair stuff. I don't care enough YET to look up makeup. When my hair is where I want it, then I'll move on to makeup.
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 1:23pm
I don't wear makeup at all to work. When I step out..from start to finish it takes me about 2 hours. Makeup..hair..etc. Going all out is fun..its theraputic for me. Music..a stiff cocktail..and beating my face.  Star

Edited by BrownQtee - Sep 30 2013 at 1:23pm
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 1:37pm
today i am just wearing 

red lipstick 
eyebrows <<<done
Guerlain Terracotta 4 seasons bronzer and that's it...its a little warm outside..
lash serum

that's it..
tomorrow could be different..
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 1:39pm
@Samone...wow...did u also change ur eating habits? 

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Sep 30 2013 at 1:39pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:15pm
I need to ask what you ladies do about the dark area on top of your lip. So this is what I have. There's no hair there cause all of it has been lasered off. So my face is blemish free and I can go without make up but that daggone lip area annoys the heck out me.

My firend works at a dermatologist and she gave me some hydoquinine(sp) 4% in a small tube but it smells awful. Trying to find anything else that would help. forget the concealer i tried that and its always look obvious like im trying to hide something even after buffing to death.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:29pm
^^^^You need a salmon or orange color corrector. Destiny has several videos on color correcting.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:32pm

well I have changed my eating habits over the years

I really don't eat fast food, like maybe once every 7 months

I don't drink a lot of sugary drinks and don't really eat fried food

I drink 5 glasses of water a day (I know still not enough and some days I do drink 8, but I let's say I average 5 most days)

my dad has sensitive skin I so figure I got that from him

like my entire body is like this lol

I use sensitive skin body wash too

I once broke out in a rash from an id sticker that was placed on my skin lol

my skin was itchy at first and then changed color (lasted one month)
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

^^^^You need a salmon or orange color corrector. Destiny has several videos on color correcting.

NYX has a good one.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:07pm
she's a makeup artist i believe? would explain why she does all that in her tuts. nothing strange about it. scandalous beauty etc does the same. even when you see "natural makeup" in the title
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>