FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Derma Roller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Derma Roller
    Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 2:26pm
So this seems to be the most active skin category, so I'll ask here...

Has anyone ever used the derma roller for anything? To be specific, I'm looking for someone whom had stretch marks, or dark spots...

I've only read 2 bad comments about it - 1. how bacteria can get into the skin in the matter of 20 minutes, so that's why we should stay away from it.
And 2, how it didn't work.

Other than that, I've read success stories.
Sponsored Links

MissUnderstood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissUnderstood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 3:53pm
hmmm never heard of this.. but im definately interested in learning more!
MissUnderstood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissUnderstood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 3:55pm
i juss did a little research... this is just for scars and stuff right? i didnt read anything about dark spots i saw something on stretch marks tho
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 4:37pm
I don't know. I assumed it was for dark spots too since it was known to take away acne and wrinkles and scars... I'll research more.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2010 at 7:37am
never heard of this
mushrooms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mushrooms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2010 at 9:56pm
Check acne.org in their Dark Marks/Red Marks forum and the Scars forum. A lot of people talk about their results with dermarolling.
naomiluv21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naomiluv21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 5:58pm
I purchased a dermaroller. I roll the tiny needles over and over my stretch marks while adding some pressure. After that I apply some type of oil or cream( vitamin e, coco butter, bio-oil). Because you know stretchmarks has layers and the dermaroller is suppose to help get the oil/cream deep. I'm guessing you are pocking tiny holes in the scars and the oil goes in faster....which heals faster. Without a dermaroller you are just applying the oil on top of the scars which takes longer. I used the dermaroller and noticed a difference. I just been so busy & forget to roll my scars. I hope that helps.
mushrooms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mushrooms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 8:50pm
Where did you purchase your dermaroller, Naomiluv21? Thanks.
naomiluv21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naomiluv21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2010 at 6:48pm
       I purchased my dermaroller on ebay. There are different sizes of rollers. The sizes are... 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, and 2mm. I got the biggest( 2mm) because I have stretch marks all over my butt. If you want to use the roller for acne scars...then u would need the smallest ones(0.5/1.0mm). And don't buy anything bigger than 2mm. I seen 3mm on ebay but that size is to be used ONLY with a professional. You don't want to do more damage to your skin.
      And I forgot to tell u guys......that it hurts to roll those tiny needles on your skin...deff when u add pressure. So some people apply a topical numb cream prior to rolling their scars. I'm looking for a good numbing cream now....because I wanna add a lot of pressure without being in pain. So far I been using ice but its still hurt
HairIam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2010 at 1:07am

Thanks for all this info, especially about the numbing agent. For some reason I assumed the process was painless. I will be purchasing one in the next few months but I'm trying to gather up as much info as I can. I read that one should apply copper peptides to skin after using dermaroller for more effective results. How many times a day/weeks do you use your dermaroller?

Originally posted by naomiluv21 naomiluv21 wrote:

I purchased my dermaroller on ebay. There are different sizes of rollers. The sizes are... 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, and 2mm. I got the biggest( 2mm) because I have stretch marks all over my butt. If you want to use the roller for acne scars...then u would need the smallest ones(0.5/1.0mm). And don't buy anything bigger than 2mm. I seen 3mm on ebay but that size is to be used ONLY with a professional. You don't want to do more damage to your skin.
      And I forgot to tell u guys......that it hurts to roll those tiny needles on your skin...deff when u add pressure. So some people apply a topical numb cream prior to rolling their scars. I'm looking for a good numbing cream now....because I wanna add a lot of pressure without being in pain. So far I been using ice but its still hurt [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" />
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic