FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Depression.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
rebelle . View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelle . Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depression.
    Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:12pm
This is my first post in the TTT section, so please bear with me.

Have any of you battled with depression?

I ask because I'm starting to realize that for the last couple of months, this funk I've been in hasn't disappeared.  After Googling some things, I'm realizing that I really fit the bill as far as being depressed goes.  & I'm actually kind of frustrated with myself.

I didn't want to label what I'm going to as depression because apart of me kind of feels like it's a cop out.  & the fact that I can't really pinpoint exactly why I'm feeling the way that I feel make it any better.  I always thought people who said they were depressed were being overly dramatic, until I found myself in the situation.

I've literally cut myself off from everyone... & my friends are pretty pissed about it.  They feel like I'm cutting them off but in reality, I just don't want to be around them because I feel like I'll bring the vibe down. 

I've been battling insomnia, migraines, & lack of energy.  I really just feel unmotivated to do anything.  My attitude has been really crappy, especially at work, & it's really starting to take a toll on my performance. & although I haven't done a lot to fix my situation besides pray & meditate (which was a fail, I couldn't turn my brain off), I really don't know where to start when it comes to this.  & I'm really frustrated with myself because I feel like I'm just wallowing in sadness.

Being that I'm in the military, I really don't want to go to the doctor because they take things like this to a whole other level.  It's like they start to pacify you or throw antidepressants at you.  Once you claim your depressed, they put it on your record & it follows you everywhere. & I really don't want that to happen. I'm not thinking about harming myself or anyone else, but I am just miserable right now.

Damn, this is long... Embarrassed

So has anyone battled depression?  If so, what did you do to combat it?  I really don't want to resort to taking pills, I want to deal with it naturally.  I think I'm strong enough to push past this, but I just don't know where to start & if there really is a light at the end of this damn tunnel, especially since I don't even know how I got in the damn tunnel.

Any advice, stories, or help would be great..

Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:27pm
What makes you unhappy right now?
What is going wrong? Or better yet, what in your life is not the way you wanted/wished it would be?
Perhaps answering those questions will help you find what is bringing you down, and what is missing from your life.
Do you enjoy being in the military or is it just for the money? If you have been there for a year or less, maybe the satisfaction that you had in the beginning of your career (or the satisfaction seeing the paycheck) isn't kicking anymore and now you feel trapped.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:52pm
I'd suffered from deep depression on and off for years.

It wasn't until I became aware that my depression was rooted in not getting my way with things and people..(i.e life) that i was able to rise above all of my emotions altogether.

I was seeking to develop a personal connection to situations and circumstances in hopes of solidifying an identity for myself (as we are trained in this society to do) An identity from my perception of me, based on what people tell me about me directly and indirectly.

I realize that such a way of living is flawed because things always change, therefore my sense of me will have to change with them. People call this growth, but it's just an excuse the mind uses to upkeep this flimsy identity, imo.

Basically, i don't resist change in the physical world. I don't force relationships (of any kind) to last longer than what feels natural. things come and go. this is the nature of things. all things have a life span. I let people go when they want or need to. I let people in when they want or need to. I happily accept the flow of life (including it's end--this is important) I no longer react emotionally to anyone's anger, sadness, arrogance, fear, insecurity, rudeness, power trip, racism, prejudice etc.

Also, I no longer judge circumstances as a bad or good circumstance that is 'happening to me'.
It's happening, but it's not happening to me. It's just happening. It's not bad or good. It just is.

At the same time, I use my mind to solve problems that may arise. The problem/situation is not happening to me. it's just happening. It's not a bad situation, it's just a situation where i could use my mind to make things flow.

I am the happiest i have ever been.

Edited by Derri - Feb 13 2014 at 7:18pm
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:55pm
have you done something differently lately?
lost passion for something you used to love?

just throwing ideas cause thats how it is with me
its hard, i been feeling this way for years so hopefully you can get out of it before its too late/long
i def didnt want to tell anyone either bc they'd treat me differently 

something nice to read

Edited by missunfoolish - Feb 13 2014 at 6:56pm
RachelRegina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachelRegina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:02pm
I am OP. I've suffered from depression since I was nine. I'm now 30. i just think that ultimately I'll be depressed and unhappy for the rest of my life. I'm currently taking meds for them. I just started taking them so we'll see how it goes.

Youre in the military, too? I was as well. I wasn't aware they immediately start throwing meds at you like that, though. Sometimes, you just need them.

dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:34am
I've battled with depression.  I was diagnosed when I was around 14/15 years-old. 

It took psychotherapy to help me get to the root of my issues.  Like you, I knew that I was in a funk, that I felt hopeless, and was generally unhappy with everything; however, I could not explain why.  I did not know what to attribute my feelings to.

I've been in therapy on and off for years.  I would suggest it.  
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:29am

Edited by Derri - Feb 14 2014 at 9:42am
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:50am
Awwwwwwwwwww RebelleHug.
You have done the right thing...first you admit you have a problem. Second you are seeking out solutions to the issue. I can tell you this much when I first met you on here you seemed like a happy go lucky individual. Everyone is going to have a different suggestion on how to deal with your depression.
But since I know a little ...did this happen since you relocated or during the process?
You need to also inspire yourself. Find something that inspires you. Something you normally like doing....there is a thread on here about how to beat insomnia. Lack of sleep can cause migraines as well. You have to take care of yourself since you are far away from home.
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:00am
If you're not ready to take meds, go see a therapist first. Also, you don't HAVE to see a dr on base, right? Locate a non-military doctor and talk to them. I was depressed for many years, but I also take Effexor to help. Eventually I will stop taking the meds. I see a therapist occasionally and I've removed negative/stressful people and things from my life.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:03am
Aside from going to the doctor, how does one differentiate depression from being in a temporary slump?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic