FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Depression and god...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 9:52pm

An issue has been weighing heavily on my heart for some time now. I'm growing anxious and depressed thinking about this issue. I want to ask for forgiveness, to forgive myself, and to finally be able to put the issue to rest (once and for all). However, I don't know how to. I didn't grow up in the church, so I really don't know the way I'm supposed to ask for help and how if I know if I've been forgiven. Furthermore, I don't know if I'm worthy of being forgiven.

This has created so much stress and anxiety in my life. As much as I don't want to think about this issue, I keep thinking about -- day in and day out.

Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 10:09am
without knowing your situation...Have you prayed? like really prayed. on your knees, crying out to god, prayed? if not, i recommend it.

Hug
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

An issue has been weighing heavily on my heart for some time now. I'm growing anxious and depressed thinking about this issue. I want to ask for forgiveness, to forgive myself, and to finally be able to put the issue to rest (once and for all). However, I don't know how to. I didn't grow up in the church, so I really don't know the way I'm supposed to ask for help and how if I know if I've been forgiven. Furthermore, I don't know if I'm worthy of being forgiven.

This has created so much stress and anxiety in my life. As much as I don't want to think about this issue, I keep thinking about -- day in and day out.

Hi Dollish,

First, if you have not already, you should repent for whatever it is that is weighing heavily on your mind.

Repentance means a sincere turning away, in both the mind and heart, from self to God.

Once you have repented, then you ask God for forgiveness. He will forgive you!! It isn't a matter of whether or not you "feel" worthy. It's not about your feelings, it's about what the word of God says. In his word he forgives us when we seek out forgiveness. There are so many scriptures that talks about forgiveness. I have listed a few for you. Please seek out God and his word and he will reveal to you that he does not condemn you. He loves you, and he wants the best for you. His word says that he did not send his son to condemn the world but that they may be saved through him. John 3:17

Matt. 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

1John 1:19

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousnes

Isaiah 43:25-26
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.  Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

without knowing your situation...Have you prayed? like really prayed. on your knees, crying out to god, prayed? if not, i recommend it.

Hug
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't. I don't know how to Confused I know there's no right or wrong way to pray amd that essentially you're talking to God, but I've tried praying before and it seems more like I'm reciting something than really praying.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by nella nella wrote:

Hi Dollish,

First, if you have not already, you should repent for whatever it is that is weighing heavily on your mind.

Repentance means a sincere turning away, in both the mind and heart, from self to God.

Once you have repented, then you ask God for forgiveness. He will forgive you!! It isn't a matter of whether or not you "feel" worthy. It's not about your feelings, it's about what the word of God says. In his word he forgives us when we seek out forgiveness. There are so many scriptures that talks about forgiveness. I have listed a few for you. Please seek out God and his word and he will reveal to you that he does not condemn you. He loves you, and he wants the best for you. His word says that he did not send his son to condemn the world but that they may be saved through him. John 3:17

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousnes

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.  Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence.
What if this thing is not something I do often; something that happened once. How would I repent for that? I've turned away from it.

Maybe I just don't understand how all of us this works. I just assumed that once I feel that I'm able to be forgiven, I will accept it (if that makes sense) or I'll be able to let it go. How do you know once you're forgiven? Do you get a sign?

Thank you. I will look into those verses.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:41am

Originally posted by nella nella wrote:

Hi Dollish,

What if this thing is not something I do often; something that happened once. How would I repent for that? I've turned away from it.

Maybe I just don't understand how all of us this works. I just assumed that once I feel that I'm able to be forgiven, I will accept it (if that makes sense) or I'll be able to let it go. How do you know once you're forgiven? Do you get a sign?

Thank you. I will look into those verses.
Once is all it takes and when you repent (turn away), you ask for forgiveness and you are forgiven. There is know sign. It's believing what the word of God says.
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TransitAngst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

i think you should seek proffesional help. God is good but there are certain things that are more suitable for a doctor to help with
Ive been thinking about it but i dont know am hesitant to take that step

I hope that you eventually sought out a professional. Even talk therapy can help; you don't have to jump straight to medication.

Depression is a real medical condition that isn't caused by some personal weakness or doubt. Would you be hesitant to seek professional help in treating, I dunno, diabetes or hypertension or something?

Good luck! Smile
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 5:28am
Originally posted by TransitAngst TransitAngst wrote:

Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

i think you should seek proffesional help. God is good but there are certain things that are more suitable for a doctor to help with
Ive been thinking about it but i dont know am hesitant to take that step

I hope that you eventually sought out a professional. Even talk therapy can help; you don't have to jump straight to medication.

Depression is a real medical condition that isn't caused by some personal weakness or doubt. Would you be hesitant to seek professional help in treating, I dunno, diabetes or hypertension or something?

Good luck! Smile

well i didnt seek a professional...am the kind of person that kept everying thing in.. my situation at the time force me to talk about how i feel to my mother,seek god presence in life more and to have faith.

i can say  i feel so much better....if anybody is feeling down or wtv,pray about it and talk to a family member or seek helpSmile
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 12:43pm
Thanks Nadiesca for giving us an update, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 11:00pm
I go through depression off and on. My friend tells me to pray on it, but I just can't do it. I feel like I've committed so many sins, that I'm already going straight to hell.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic