FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Depression and god...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depression and god...
    Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:08pm
I was just wondering how do some of you deal with depression and your faith.It been a while i am depress and anxiety,i pray and read my bible from time to time but i feel like i will never see the light at the end of the tunnel...
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:26pm
This is a good topic! Will come back soon with scripts...
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

I was just wondering how do some of you deal with depression and your faith.It been a while i am depress and anxiety,i pray and read my bible from time to time but i feel like i will never see the light at the end of the tunnel...

it will get better love Hug

i was feeling the same way a few months ago & boy did my life do a 180 since.

try reading this man's devotional, its very inspiring and has helped me through the rough times.

princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:37pm
i think you should seek proffesional help. God is good but there are certain things that are more suitable for a doctor to help with
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:24am
I read this & thought about you! Just a simple change in your thinking may be what you need to overcome your sadness.

Devotional:
Have you ever felt insecure? Insecure about your abilities, your appearance, your job, your personality, your life? Have you ever felt unloved and worthless? "I'm not attractive." "I'm not good enough!" "Nothing good ever happens in my life." "I'm a failure."
If your mind is filled with thoughts of worthlessness, shame, embarrassment and low self-esteem, then it's time to get rid of that insecurity!

"How can I get rid of insecurity that's been there my whole life?" By realizing that YOU are God's most prized-possession! If God had to choose the finest thing He ever created - He'd say YOU! Yes, you! You are somebody special to God.

Those thoughts and feelings are lies from the devil aimed at getting you so down on yourself that you will never experience God's best for your life. You'll always feel that you're "just not good enough" so why would God want to bless you? God does not have one child who is not good enough to receive His love.

Low self-esteem is a result of a lack of knowledge. The reason so many Christians live way below their privileges as a child of God is because they don't know that they are highly favored of God.

In Psalm 8:3-5, the psalmist is reflecting on the greatness of God and writes, "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained: What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."

In this particular scripture, the psalmist is overwhelmed at just how marvelous and magnificent God is and His ability to create the universe. Have you ever just stopped and looked around at God's creation? Just go look at the Grand Canyon some time. It's overwhelming. We get so accustomed to the things around us, but if you take the time to just look at the sky or the sunset and think that God created that - it's amazing!

The psalmist is saying, "Lord, You're so magnificent and creative, why would You have anything to do with man? Why did You create man?" And the Lord is saying that you are His most prized-possession! In fact, in the mind of God, you are His prized-possession above the stars, above the moon, above the heavens, above all His handiwork.

Just like an artist with all the wonderful, creative pieces he designs, there's always this one prized-possession. That's the way God feels about YOU!
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 2:05pm

Make sure you make an appointment with someone like a psychologist,  that can help you. There maybe someone underling issues that must be dealt with. And don't give up God blessSmile
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 3:50pm

Well first you have to figure out what is making you depressed or anxious and try to the best of your ability to connect that with the scriptures to get your spirit cleansed and have proper understanding.

For example, someone may be depressed because they have been let down by their friends or family. So what you do is go to the scriptures that talks about the tumults that righteous people will have even with their friends and love ones in these last days and get understanding on how to overcome itSmile.

When it comes to reading scriptures for edification (correction) and being uplifted (sense of happiness and hope), you first need to understand the will of The Most High. The biggest mistake people make when it comes reading the scriptures and then praying for their inflictions to be healed is that they don't understand how the LORD works. Then when things don't go their way or happen fast enough, they get upset and walk away from the LORD all together...

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
(Proverbs 3:5)

Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way? (Proverbs 20:24)

Endurance is another thing that people don't talk about or like to sweep under the rug. Those who are spiritually weak are not trying to endure and stay in the faith. Those are the same people who look for fast results (like Xanax) or the results that may not necessarily be the best for them. You have to be willing to be patient and endure until your inflictions are done away with. You also have to be willing to be healed not only in the flesh, but in the spirit as well.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. (Romans 5 3-5)

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12 1-2)

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

it will get better love Hug

i was feeling the same way a few months ago & boy did my life do a 180 since.

try reading this man's devotional, its very inspiring and has helped me through the rough times.

thanks csunggurls109, i will check out the link
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

i think you should seek proffesional help. God is good but there are certain things that are more suitable for a doctor to help with
Ive been thinking about it but i dont know am hesitant to take that step
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:13pm
thanks ladies for replying to my post, i really appreciate.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic