BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Depo shot questions...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:28am
I HATED DEPO! I bled every day the first 6 months. I went from 135-155lbs and I don't remember eating a bunch either. I was always bloated and the hair on my arms got longer too. I was depressed for some strange reason...just sad all the time. Oh yeah...my tits hurt like mad. I got on the pill after that.
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

...those who've had it, would you mind sharing your pros and cons...?
Also, does the shot in and of itself cause weight gain, or do people just have increased appaetite because of the shot, and end up eating
much more?
Thumbs Up made my period stop. for how long i cant remember.
Thumbs Down i gained weight..and have been since that shot. let me tell you i put on 10lbs in 3 months...
Angryi'll never be slim againCry
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 2:52am
STAY AWAY FROM THE DEPO SHOT!

I gained so much weight
I got pregnant on the depo and miscarried
Trying to lose weight was almost impossible

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

It was on needle in the butt cheek, not painful. It looks like getting any other shot,quick and easy. My appetite did not change,neither did my skin or my hair everything remains the same and healthy

sounds good....

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:45am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

from my experience on the board, everyone had bad experiences but bunny.
it can cause weight gain, hair loss, and bone loss. most doctors will suggest taking a calcium supplement daily.

you would be better off with an iud, imo. use at your own risk.

unfortunately i cant do iud...only option is the shot or progestogen tabs
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I know you changed Gynos (you had Hardie then- say his daughter and wife the other day too) who do you have now? Who delivered Camp Fire?

I go to Dr Lennox Jacob (Medical Assocs., the man thorough almost too thorough, no pregnant chicks lol  kinda pricy) and Dr. Errol Daley (have you out quick time, nuff chicks waiting but I Love him pregnant and regular chicks)

Fredericks delivered @ uwi... (wonderful man)...im back with Hardie now (he will sit with you for 40 mins --i know, the other patients be mad at the long wait, buit everybody gets the same attentionLOL)
Daley rushes through visits. I hate that. You wait for 3 hours then i rushes you out in ten minutes (fairly nice man, but that turned me off completely)

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

You should try it for a year then switch if u want. You said ur afraid of mirena cuz ur bf is big ,but trust me, it won't interfere with sexy time

Im still up in the air....i hate the thought of an insertOuch
have a visit in 1 week for pap...i will discuss (again) with doc before i make any decision. GP actually prescribed Diane35...but after all my research, Im scared, so the pack is still sitting in my purse.
Mycrogynon was wonderful...no probs at all. Pity i cant use that again

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

Why do you want to take the shot? I know it sounds like a dump question, but i knkw some folks who just wanted something to keep them from bleeding every month. Good luck though.

Im hypertensive since pregnancy...cant do combined oral contraceptives anymore, and the progestogen only pill isnt available in JA.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:58am
I never considered depo cause if I didn't react well with it there was nothing I could do for 3? months. Nope.

I got mirena cause my migraine meds and pregnancy don't mix but that thing was the devil. Looong periods, extra light periods, bloating, other things smh. I had it for a cpl weeks shy of a year. This feb will be a year since its been removed. I still bloat like flounder but its getting better. Idk what ill get next.

Edited by Ming - Jan 09 2014 at 9:01am
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:01am
I think most folks already covered everything. My personal experience was this:
-I ended up gaining about 30 lbs. The wieght came on quickly and stayed the entire time i was on the shot. about 2 yrs.i didn't notice an increase in appetite though) and I worked out and it would not go away
-Major decreased sex drive.  i i didn't care to have sex at all
-My doc told me she wouldn't put me on it longer than two years because it does cause bone density loss. (I ended up breaking my ankle year 2 of being on it.) I've never had any broken bones as a child
-My period hasn't been quite the same since then. Its not a bad thing but i did notice a change in my cycle after it returned when i stop taking it. its much lighter. went from 5 to 3 days
-WORST SIDE EFFECT : I started suffering from the absolute worst migraines in my life. I hardly ever got headaches prior and once I started this bc I started getting crippling migraines. where i could do nothing but hide in my cold/dark walk-in closet all day. and they were often. every month. I couldn't go to work or school. my bf would come home and find me sleeping in the closet.  They have not gone away but the frequency has decreased dramatically. 

Most of the weight I gained did melt off but I still have some of it. i can deal with what was left over. lol
ALL in all I would not recommended it as I had no "positive experience"

The injection site is just as any other shot. i got mine in my arm

Edited by Princess_S - Jan 09 2014 at 9:04am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake