Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Depo shot questions...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:05pm
Ftr, I used depo pre baby and post baby
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:13pm
from my experience on the board, everyone had bad experiences but bunny.
it can cause weight gain, hair loss, and bone loss. most doctors will suggest taking a calcium supplement daily.

you would be better off with an iud, imo. use at your own risk.
Longhairwanted8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Longhairwanted8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:26pm
Run from that. it seems to really increasethe appetite and people I know really pack on the lbs. My sister was on it and gained about 50 lbs. she was really petite and now she's a porker
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:26pm
Worst thing you can ever do to yourself. Don't do it. My stomach swelled up and now I've been trying to get it down. Don't do it
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:28pm
HB should get on this.. 

she really wants to gain weight. 

i would have probably tried it like a year ago 

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:34pm
I know you changed Gynos (you had Hardie then- say his daughter and wife the other day too) who do you have now? Who delivered Camp Fire?

I go to Dr Lennox Jacob (Medical Assocs., the man thorough almost too thorough, no pregnant chicks lol  kinda pricy) and Dr. Errol Daley (have you out quick time, nuff chicks waiting but I Love him pregnant and regular chicks)

Daley put me on yasmin I swear I took less than ten pills never have I finished a pack of BC (I know all the bad stuff and he presented me with Big Pharma politics and I trust him) and I BLEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD for a month straight I was also hormonal and snapping (the BF told me)

Jacob says he don't trust yasmin AT ALL recommended Copper - T instead of Mirena for me plus copper t was much cheaper. His whole set up is automated, in office rapid testing for everything and his door is always open and answers email quickly.

Never met a more non-judgmental doctor very pro-women Dr Jacob.

I discuss each with the other and Daley always jealous.

ETA Compared to Yasmin or Yaz, Diane-35 was a breeze but then again Ive never ever finished a pack
 Embarrassed P Im gonna pull some Depo/ IUD thread for you BRB

Edited by Diane (35) - Jan 08 2014 at 5:36pm
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

from my experience on the board, everyone had bad experiences but bunny.
it can cause weight gain, hair loss, and bone loss. most doctors will suggest taking a calcium supplement daily.

you would be better off with an iud, imo. use at your own risk.

Ya it's known to cause bone loss which is why they don't like to give it to girls under a certain age before they reach their bone mass peak and they don't like to keep women in intense physical activity on it for too long (like women in the military). But apparently it is good for women with sickle cell anemia.

I hear bad things about depo shot. Most people I know have an IUD or are on the pill.

Edited by keepgrowing - Jan 08 2014 at 5:36pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:38pm
so many options.. how do you decide...?

ive never been on birth control 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

so many options.. how do you decide...?

ive never been on birth control 

first do your research. I would never recommend the patch or the pill.

then it is homones vs no hormones.

permanent bc vs regular

are you a smoker...etc

last step is life style...

usually it is between the pill, the ring, iud   or the implant in your arm for a few years.
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:04pm
You should try it for a year then switch if u want. You said ur afraid of mirena cuz ur bf is big ,but trust me, it won't interfere with sexy time
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style