Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Denzel Washington advice 2 his dark-skin daughte
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Denzel Washington advice 2 his dark-skin daughte

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:44pm
Well what I took from it-Looks fade for everyone eventually. To have a lasting career you must be good at what you do so that you will still be wanted, needed, and desired after your looks have faded. The "pretty" girls with no talent won't last long because the beauty they rely on will fade.
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

some say he calling his daughter ugly...

I'm thinking some posters are calling this girl ugly,which is telling. She has a pretty face and nice skin. Yes, she's overweight and she could stand to lose a few and get better hair, but that girl is far from ugly. I don't know if it's just me but I get the sense that colorism is stronger than it has ever been. I wouldn't want to be 20 now
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:05pm
I agree don't rely on being just pretty 

At some point you'll need more substance. The earlier the better

Pretty is icing, not cake 
astokes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote astokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

he wasnt knocking viola, he was simply saying shes a woman who doesnt rely on her looks but on her talent because in the end that is all youll have.

Thank you ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:49am
Wow. His message was completely lost thru most of this thread smh
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:42am

He ain't callin' his child or Viola ugly.  smh.  He's sayin' that they need to bring more to the table because they are not stereotypical hollywood beauties.   It's like most POC in regards to jobs/career...even in corporate....pretty might get u through the door but substance will let u stay...for the most part. IMO.

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:47am
his message was not lost on me.  He is doing right by teaching her this.

If her goal is to be an actor in hollywood, she better rely on talent, cause for real, you won't be 20 forever, and then where are you?

I love Viola, and I have followed her career, and even played roles she has played, and it made me realize that life is just beginning at 40ish, so you better have some chops or you will be left behind.

Not even gonna comment on her weight, or hair because all of that is transitory. . .
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:14am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

People stay looking for something to be offended by. this is Denzel, not lil Wayne.he's not gonna say anything hurtful to his daughter on a national stage.

Viola Davis is no sex symbol and has not played a typical hot girl,a desirable woman or a love interest. Hollywood ain't letting too many dark women in as it is, especially not in roles like that.

As beautiful as dark women can be, you aren't seeing lanisha Coles, Kelly rowlands and old school Kenya moores running the game like that. Unlike some he ain't sugar coating or lying
I concur
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Wow. His message was completely lost thru most of this thread smh

right. went way over heads.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:18am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I agree don't rely on being just pretty 

At some point you'll need more substance. The earlier the better

Pretty is icing, not cake 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training