Extensions Plus

Forum Lockeddeep wave braids ((HELP))

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
bcmommysdso View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: deep wave braids ((HELP))
    Posted: Sep 04 2007 at 9:59pm
Hello Ladies I'm new to the boards and I have some questions.
I'm going away on vacation and decided to get my hair braided. I got  deep wave hair and got my hair micro-braided. The woman who braided my hair told me these braids can stay in for three months (which I doubt I will do) but that I cannot wash them???

So my first question is if it's human hair why not? She told me to just put mousse to make it wavy (but that sound like a lot of build up). If it is a matter of the hair getting tangled can I put in large plats to keep it from getting tangled and wash it that way? Or could I use a mixture of conditioner and water to comb it out?

Next since it is human hair can it be curled with a curling Iron?

I'm getting nervous because I'm going to Jamaica and I figured braids would be an easy manageable way to have my hair. Now I'm nervous because if I get this hair wet I don't want to look like a hot mess. I have a wedding to go to at the end of my vacation...HELP!!!
Sponsored Links

mzmart View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2007 at 10:20pm
she told u dont wash it bcuz it can cost slippage and the braids become slack and loose and there are lots of ladies on this board who wash their braids i dont i use organic root simulator herbal cleanse its a dry shampoo it easy applied to the scalp

yes u can use mousse on braids to make the waves come but that dries out rather quickly what i used to make the waves last longer is s curl
acivator moisturizer it works

i would think it can curl since its human but if u got deep wave in your hair whats the sense in curling it when u can wet it for waves

but some ladies i know dilute their shampoo and their braids still hold up u can check www.growafrohairlong.com  on how to care for braids in your hair
zolamorgan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2007 at 7:42am
the thing is with human hair it is harder to take care of than synthetic  so it will be just like your own hair, when washed it gets older quicker and you will have to curl it cause the curls go away very quickly too
bcmommysdso View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 9:00pm
Thanks! Should I wet it daily and apply a leave in conditioner? This is my first time with these braids. Also the woman who did the braids didn't braid to the end of my hair, any suggestions on how to keep my hair from sticking out?
yunvme2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2007 at 3:36am
 was a human hair braid nut for like 3 years ... the braids will fall out if you wet them because they are not braided down to where you hair ends or secured in any way ..when the hair gets wet it will expand and the braids will slide off...this is what I used to do and it worked for me..... braid each braid past where your hair ends then glue the extention hair with nail glue to keep it in place ...only glue below your natural hair and only use a tiny drop of glue. this way you may wash it swim wherever with no problems...when you take the hair out you cut off the glued part and just unbraid it...I cannot stress this enough be careful not to put any glue on your real hair and braid a little below your real hair so when you cut out the glued part when you take it down you are not cutting your real hair.....use a quailty shampoo and condioner and mousse (pantene and theramsilk mousse were my fav's) hair will last much longer ........ for the best look apply mousse then scrunch while blow drying then apply some oil sheen  ...after a while if it starts to get tangled put a clear color jazzing on it you can get it at any beauty supply it seals the cuticals of the hair.
Oh when shampoo or conditioner is used I would buy those little plastic bottles at the beauty supply store and mix 1 part shamp or cond with 2 parts water. I don't know why but when you dilute them the braid don't seem to have as much residue on them.

last thing V05 detangler ...you can spray a little of this on after mousse has been applied up to like 5 days before hair will wave back up scrunch and blow , oil sheen

I don't wear braids but I loved them when I had them....I hopes this helps sorry it is so looong ...have fun on your trip

sorry if there are typo's it is 1:30am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic