Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - debra lee, bet president, says black people aint
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

debra lee, bet president, says black people aint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by beautiful_hair beautiful_hair wrote:

I haven't watched BET since Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter left.  BET used to be good; I always watched "BET Nightly News".

When that was cancelled I stopped watching BET all together.  It was the only program I liked.
Sponsored Links

Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 1:58am
It's true. Research show blacks rather watch ATL housewives ratchet behavior over a positive sitcom like Reed Between the Lines.
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 4:18am
they should bring back college hill......maybe baldwin hills.....im tired of the jamie/the parkers reruns and the baby boy/madea movie reruns Dead.......now if they showed comic view reruns, i wouldn't mind...
Ms.Best View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:39am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i really want Maury Povich to be held accountable for what he promotes on television.  I don't understand how he's allowed to thrive on network television.  When I stop being lazy I am going to start a petition.  Why is he never called out or interviewed?

A few years ago, I emailed the show after watching an Out of control teens episode. I was disgusted how these young hoes were treated. They were taken to a funeral home and to jail as part of the show's attempt to help them clean up their act. I questioned the producers as to why there were only young women being called out for being sexually irresponsible, when it obviously takes two to tango. This show perpetuates gender and sexual stereotypes and has been getting away with it for years.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:37am
Dear Debra,

You fcked up. We've moved on. Bish we watched Teen Summit and all of that good sh*t before y'all went downhill. Don't try it.

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Dear Debra,

You fcked up. We've moved on. Bish we watched Teen Summit and all of that good sh*t before y'all went downhill. Don't try it.

Those were the days. Back when BET was actually decent to watch.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 8:00am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Those were the days. Back when BET was actually decent to watch.

Yep. I LOVED Teen SUmmit. I watched it all the time. I didn't get into the nightly news becaseu...*gasp* I was a child.

But my parent's watched it and we even watched sh*tty ass Comic View. I watched Rap City and most of the other music videos, programs, and movies.

It's too late, she sold out and is now looking for redemption.

It's like a bad relationship...she went outside the relationship (white folks), she started got on drugs (crazy azz dumb nicca programming), and now that she cleaned up she want's up back?

Bish, rebrand and get over it. & to think I gave that heaux a chance with "The Game."Sleepy

There will be no 3rd chances.

Edited by nitabug - Feb 06 2013 at 8:02am
DWeird View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DWeird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by lumii18 lumii18 wrote:

they should bring back college hill......maybe baldwin hills.....im tired of the jamie/the parkers reruns and the baby boy/madea movie reruns Dead.......now if they showed comic view reruns, i wouldn't mind...

I loved Baldwin Hills! It satisfied my sophistiratchet programming needs. Nita, I'm with you. I miss Teen Summit. They need to go ahead and revamp that or something similar. I liked Hits From The Street, Rap City, The Old 106, Midnight Love too. Was Run's House BET? I can't remember but I loved that. Deb is full of sh*t. 

honeybee10 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:30am
BET ain't been ish since Donnie Simpson left
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:44am
I believe the channel CAN be salvaged.   They just have to be smart about it.

I get what they are trying to do TJ 'toofineformyowndamngood' Holmes' show but you dont create a 'Daily Show' type show and then put it on at the exact same time.  Don't make people choose, you will lose.  A different time slot will work better.

So much can be done with this channel but those people are not even trying...at all.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic