FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedDear Non-Believer...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:11pm
I never see why previous thread get confrontational. 

As vehemently as I believe in something I'm sure there is someone who opposes it. 
If I can believe in a burning bush, I respect the next person who believes he'll come back as a butterfly , and the person who doesnt believe at all.

Edited by jonesable - Nov 30 2011 at 9:31pm
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

tl;dr

Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:14pm
believe what you want, no you are not stupid, let the haters hate, who's gonna be mocking at armageddon, yadda yadda yadda. don't stop believing and let's get this party started.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

oh and I do agree that uneducated people tend to be more religious, but that doesn't mean they aren't many educated religious people.

Religion class and other classes made me think more about spirituality and the world but if you have "unshakeable faith" then having a college degree is not going to change that.

I have met really smart and interesting people who are atheists or religious. To each their own as long as you're not trying to convert me.

this is what i was going to say, but these threads never seem to end well lol

And poor people tend to be black. Soooo? 

i think people in the south tend to be more religious than the rest of America.
Ahhh, the Bible belt. That is very true. People were strongly connected to the church. Especially black people since it was one of the few places they could go.It rolled over to future generations I suppose.

exactly...someone was telling me you don't really choose your religion(especially, when you're black in the Cari or US)...it's like its already chosen for you once you're born... and you're not that likely to change it due to your environment... i guess he was trying to ask, do we really have any say in what we believe in?

Well people aren't born in vacuums. Yes environments have a strong influence on everything that we do, but I made a choice to believe. Up until college , Christianity was my parent's religion and I just followed it, but when I took my first religion course and was exposed to many it pushed me closer to Christianity and it became my own.Along with other things I dealt with that year... but yes I'm sure my environment had a great deal to do with it 

Edited by jonesable - Nov 30 2011 at 7:16pm
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:16pm
While I do agree that the hate is strong for Christianity here, I do believe that the more educated people become, the more they diminish spirituality or atleast the validity of Christianity and the Bible.. I think most people have had Christianity pushed down their throat as youths that they rebel against the whole notion of Chrisitanity and cannot comprehend the hipocracy of the Bible..

I think having unshakeable faith in any religion is difficult. Faith is believing in things unseen and beyond resonable thinking. It is still hard for me to be a full fledge Christian because there is alot I don't understand and I am an analytical thinker, so faith doesn't come easy for me..

I believe in looking into other religions and find what  works for you: Spirituality and a personal connection with the Divine is more important than what religion you are..
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:21pm
I know some very very intelligent Christians . I think its possible to keep secular knowledge and spiritual beliefs separate. 

His thoughts are not our thoughts, our ways are not his ways.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:23pm
I like your response OP.
BTW I know smart Christians and dumb Atheists. Also the other way around. means nothing to me.
acaraway View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

While I do agree that the hate is strong for Christianity here, I do believe that the more educated people become, the more they diminish spirituality or atleast the validity of Christianity and the Bible.. I think most people have had Christianity pushed down their throat as youths that they rebel against the whole notion of Chrisitanity and cannot comprehend the hipocracy of the Bible..

I think having unshakeable faith in any religion is difficult. Faith is believing in things unseen and beyond resonable thinking. It is still hard for me to be a full fledge Christian because there is alot I don't understand and I am an analytical thinker, so faith doesn't come easy for me..

I believe in looking into other religions and find what  works for you: Spirituality and a personal connection with the Divine is more important than what religion you are..

And the problem with Christianity (the reason the other thread was started in the first place) is that exploring your own spirituality often isn't even an option. Jesus is the only way and everyone else will burn in hell for eternity.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:26pm
lol. If you don't believe in hell, why are you worried about burning in it?

Not all Christians believe that BTW.
acaraway View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

lol. If you don't believe in hell, why are you worried about burning in it?

Not all Christians believe that BTW.

Not worried at all. Just tired of hearing it over and over. And you're right, not ALL christians are that way. 

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
  Share Topic