Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dealing with people with Bi-Polar disorder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Dealing with people with Bi-Polar disorder

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 17726
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:38am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

@petiteone Yeah I see your point, he is definitely crazy. And I wanted him out of my life, one of the main problems was that my ex's best friend was my roommate so I'm in the process of moving out changing my number getting rid of FB all of that, doing those things so i can move on with my life without him in it. 

I think my BF should realize i'm making those changes for a better life for myself 

@jewls yes I don't want him to get out even more pissed


You don't see the problem with this? Why are you worried about his feelings and his life? He doesn't care about yours. Look out for you. You are not free because you have to worry about how pissed he is gonna be. Who is to say that he won't be pissed because y'all put him in rehab? His feelings are not important in this situation. Only yours. At least get a restraining order and cut all contact off with him. 

We have one already and I''m taking steps to move, change my number, email etc. 


Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 02 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 40591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:39am
I just read that you did try to get a restraining order against him.


Whatever you do just please be safe and don't be his friend anymore. You have to live your life. You have done enough.
Back to Top
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 28 2008
Location: US - Washington
Status: Offline
Points: 60983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I'd cut them off completely with a polite yet firm 'Stay the fcuk away from me please.'

If that didn't work, caps would be busted. Sorry you have mental issues, but I'm not about to become an episode of Nancy Grace. Damn that.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCry
Back to Top
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 22 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:55am
First, I commend you for wanting to help. Too often people with mental illness are ignored and/or discarded by society. You did a good thing by helping to arrange treatment. You have done a lot. Like Southern said, its time for you to move on now. You can move on with a clear conscious. 

SN: Please understand that even though you know him he is ill. And if he is untreated his behavior can be unpredictable. DO what you need to do to protect yourself.

I'm feeling some type of way because i just attended the funeral of someone with bipolar disorder. I also have a relative with the disorder. I find that you have to help and love from a distance sometimes.
Back to Top
beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 17726
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

First, I commend you for wanting to help. Too often people with mental illness are ignored and/or discarded by society. You did a good thing by helping to arrange treatment. You have done a lot. Like Southern said, its time for you to move on now. You can move on with a clear conscious. 

SN: Please understand that even though you know him he is ill. And if he is untreated his behavior can be unpredictable. DO what you need to do to protect yourself.

I'm feeling some type of way because i just attended the funeral of someone with bipolar disorder. I also have a relative with the disorder. I find that you have to help and love from a distance sometimes.

Girl that's what I am trying to do. My current BF is not having it. I told him like I'm moving out of my apartment changing my number wtf else do you want me to do 
Back to Top
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 08 2008
Location: Vulcan
Status: Offline
Points: 63087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I'd cut them off completely with a polite yet firm 'Stay the fcuk away from me please.'

If that didn't work, caps would be busted. Sorry you have mental issues, but I'm not about to become an episode of Nancy Grace. Damn that.


^^Imma have to agree with this right here.
Back to Top
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2006
Location: Kingston, JA.
Status: Offline
Points: 87267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Sound like the new boothang think you might still have feelings for the old crazy boothang & he's jelly.
 
& no you're not irrational, you still have feelings for the person and you don't want to cause any additional problems (criminal record) for someone that is already suffering...I get that. But your BF is looking at it as he's supposed to be your protector...and at this point, he can't do that (because of your position & envolvment)...and you not taking his advice, it's like you're siding with your old BF, even tho you're not...

Yeah, and it sucks because I want to make my BF happy and I want him to be comfortable but he is not budging on his stance and I think he sees me helping him after all of the sh*t he's done as weak. But like not everyone can be dealt with with force, some people need a different approach and after trying to get him arrested numerous times and taking out a restraining order finally I was like you know what I knew this person once and the same way i would get through to him then is what I have to do now. 

And yeah i don't want my ex to have a criminal record I want him to get better get a job fall in love and live a functional life later on. I told my ex like if he winds up in jail somewhere down the line then fine but I am not going to be the person to ruin a life. 


although i respect your position, i kind of see where BF is coming from, and it sounds like you're too involved with ex at this point. Youre not with him anymore, you cant be his ex and his keeper at the same time.


Restraining order. Take it out. At some point god forbid your life could be in danger based on what youre saying...


Back to Top
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2006
Location: Kingston, JA.
Status: Offline
Points: 87267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

@petiteone Yeah I see your point, he is definitely crazy. And I wanted him out of my life, one of the main problems was that my ex's best friend was my roommate so I'm in the process of moving out changing my number getting rid of FB all of that, doing those things so i can move on with my life without him in it. 

I think my BF should realize i'm making those changes for a better life for myself 

@jewls yes I don't want him to get out even more pissed


You don't see the problem with this? Why are you worried about his feelings and his life? He doesn't care about yours. Look out for you. You are not free because you have to worry about how pissed he is gonna be. Who is to say that he won't be pissed because y'all put him in rehab? His feelings are not important in this situation. Only yours. At least get a restraining order and cut all contact off with him. 

We have one already and I''m taking steps to move, change my number, email etc. 




Thats what im feeling...its like youre still tied up with him.

Back to Top
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 02 2010
Location: Hell
Status: Offline
Points: 231407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 4:40am
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down