Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dealing with insecurity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealing with insecurity
    Posted: May 03 2013 at 11:10am
The guy I am dating added me on facebook. First thing I see was a pic that his ex took of herself and tagged him. I am like "delete this" and he said "can't because I was tagged".
Then as we look at more pics, he started to tell me who was who and many of the girls on pics with him were former flames.
They were average girls and I said that I probably am the hottest he ever dated. Then he said, "I know that's what you wanna hear, but they were actually hot; you're fine as hell but.." and then he started saying their names and telling me that they were fine, and then I just picked up my ipod and left him by himself.

I wish I could get rid of my insecurity.  I am not constantly comparing myself to other chicks; my insecurity creeps up when a guy I date compliments other girl or has an ex prettier than me. In his case, it was because he has all those pics with girls he had something serious or not.

How do I deal with it? Or how do I get rid of it?
Sponsored Links

Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 11:26am
I have the same problem maybe we both can learn how to deal with it
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

The guy I am dating added me on facebook. First thing I see was a pic that his ex took of herself and tagged him. I am like "delete this" and he said "can't because I was tagged".
Then as we look at more pics, he started to tell me who was who and many of the girls on pics with him were former flames.
They were average girls and I said that I probably am the hottest he ever dated. Then he said, "I know that's what you wanna hear, but they were actually hot; you're fine as hell but.." and then he started saying their names and telling me that they were fine, and then I just picked up my ipod and left him by himself.

I wish I could get rid of my insecurity.  I am not constantly comparing myself to other chicks; my insecurity creeps up when a guy I date compliments other girl or has an ex prettier than me. In his case, it was because he has all those pics with girls he had something serious or not.

How do I deal with it? Or how do I get rid of it?
you should not have told him that you were the hottest. Let the compliments come to you, dont fish.for them
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 3:48pm
First of all why do you find it necessary to be his Facebook friend to me Facebook is for pure entertainment purposes.The people I need to deal with in real life I deal with them face to face not on the internet. Second they are just pictures. People tag people all the time on Crap does not mean anything sometimes the other people don't even know. If you have no proof in real life that he actually messing these girls then leave at that if you cannot trust a person you should not be with them. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 5:19pm
@Tousha11, I am not insecure because I think he is messing with someone else! If I ever suspected that, I would just dump him. I don't waste my time.
I am simply insecure, no reason at all.

@Senior Detective, I wasn't fishing for compliments, I was giving my opinion; I thought they were plain girls and then he said what he thinks.

I find it silly that I feel that way just because I saw pics of him with other exes and hook-ups, especially because I think highly of myself, but I can't help it. Pinch
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 7:23pm
unfriend him on facebook 
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 7:52pm
Well looks are subjective, if there is anything that bhm has taught me everytime there is a pic posted and they either fawn over it or call it ugly.  Either way, I'm likeStern Smile  then  Confused
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 8:27pm

First and foremost, you should NEVER compare yourself to another woman. Yes technically there will be people in this world that may look better than you, be smarter, have more money, or have a better education. But you should never dwell on that because it will lower yourself confidence. The best thing you can do as a woman is have self-pride. Hold your head high like you the baddest bish on the planet.....Then watch men flock to you. If you don't think highly of yourself, how do you expect others too?

Most men will try to make you think all the women they date are 10's & model chicks etc.. But truth is, a lot of men will lie just to try to make you feel insecure, and make you feel like you have to "compete" to keep his attention. It’s a Psychological tactic. Don't fall for it. Also remember sometimes it’s not always about looks. It’s mainly about self-confidence, sex appeal, and personality…then looks.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 11:19pm
Majesty02, wow! thanks! it made sense...yes, they seemed average to me but to him it probably meant deeper than that and that's why they were hot.
thanks, I will keep that in mind.

any more thoughts, girls?
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 12:49am
I agree with Majesty!

don't date him anymore. He is a douche
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>