FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dealing with death

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealing with death
    Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:46pm
My bestfriends father died today he was in a coma for a few years from a brain aneurysm. My bestfriend called me crying just now and basically I just listened and tried my best to comfort her but, I just don't know what to say. Were both from MD and I'm here and she's away at college right now in NY and she doesn't think she'll be able to go to classes or take any tests. I'm just wondering if you guys have any advice on how to make her feel better, or any gift ideas because I want to send her something ASAP. Cry 
Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:51pm
I don't know but when you guys figure it out, let me in on the secret because I think it's about time I start putting effort to dealing with my own deaths rather than surpressing them.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:53pm
i dont have any advice but i will keep them in my prayers. i cant imagine losing a parent.. *sigh* just let her talk for now. man... i dont know what to tell you...

Disapprove
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:09pm
The last time I dealt with death was in 1999 when my grandma died. I'm not expert, but reassure her that her father is now free. He is no longer trapped inside his body and he is free and happy. And for her to honor the memories that he left her with and to just live life, because that is what he would have wanted for her. Death is not the end, but just the beginning of eternal life. 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:55pm
Listening is one of the greatest things.  Hugs and making meals because you forget to eat for up to weeks but I see you're far away.  Prayers and a listening ear.  One thing that's nice too is music.  If you know some comforting songs you could make a mixtape for her.  You sound like a great friend and I'm sure your love is enough.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:08pm
My Dad died from a Brain aneurysm when I was 14y.o. Devastating, it gets easier but the pain is still there. Send Her a Card and just let Her know You are alwalys there to talk whenever She needs You...and maybe in about 6 months take her on a Spa Day and treat Her to a Massage.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:24pm
There is a nice lady I met on the job.  I had to talk to her about her family.  When she started talking about her mom, her voice started cracking & tearing up.  Her mother is in hospice care &  can go any day now.  I started getting teary eyed, but she insisted that we continue. 

I plan to send her a condolence card & a fruit basket
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:33pm
Everyone deals with death differently. When my grandfather died, I didn't cry until I saw him at the funeral. I don't remember talking about it with my friends but I was glad that they gave me a shoulder to cry on and that's all I needed. 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 6:42am
Thank you everyone who replied in this thread. My friend texted me today and told me she will only be going to one class today because she has a test. I'm trying my best to be there for her but, I don't know what to say, CryCryCry
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 8:19am
Just calling and talking is a great help. Check in on her and ask her how she is doing for the next week weeks. If you can be at the funeral, go.
A fruit basket or flowers to for her is a good gift. There isn't much you can say.

Edited by Prazol60 - Feb 11 2013 at 8:20am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>