Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Deaf Interpreter At Mandela Memorial Was Fake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I was thinking that he robbed them of the event.
Glad they set fire under him.

I go to churches where they sign and where a lot of the deaf community attend and some basketball games they organize.

How are you coming along Kitten ?
I love learning ASL I want to become fluent but I know it takes years to really become fluent.

The deaf people I communicate with are very helpful.
With my company I still can't legally interpret for them and for good reason.

Wish my church had interpreted services; the closest one is a subway ride away.  And on Sunday morning, I am not featuring getting on the subway...

I have to admit that it was easier in the beginning because I started signing when I was 7.  Why? That summer, I was bored and had just seen the movie The Miracle Worker on tv.

As far as truly becoming fluent, a Deaf friend said hearing people become better, but never really, really fluent unless you live with a Deaf person.  (Maybe I'll join a Deaf dating website...)  But I love it.  It's a whole lotta work, but I'd start all over again if I had to, just to be able to sign...  You have a lot of reading to do and the books are stupidly expensive (and not available used or online), but you end up keeping them for your personal library.  I was able to find a hardcover Medical ASL book on half.com (only $12 instead of $54!) and well worth the price.

There's a webgroup called AllDeaf.com that you can join.  You can skype with people so you can practice more. (Word of caution: some of the members really hate us "hearies").  

If you ever want to skype, just IM meSmile
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:57pm
Yes their community is tight!

I'm lucky to find a couple people who don't mind helping me and teaching me.
The deaf ppl I know don't see it as a disability at all they are proud to not hear all the worlds cacophony.

Something about dues signing is so sexy to me.

I will def pm you

I practice with the book and Dr Vicars .
I have everything he has authored.

Edited by jonesable - Dec 11 2013 at 8:58pm
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:10pm
I have known a few people who are deaf, but they also happen to be mentally impaired too. I think I met only one deaf guy who was not. I had a coworker whose both parents were deaf, she would translate for us whenever we had deaf patients.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:16pm
big dummy thought the charade would last forever. smh. should have at least taken some time to actually try to learn a little sign in preparation of the day the rug gets pulled off from under his goofy ass. at least he'd be able to claim he was a just a little rusty. silly man.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:18pm
he did the same movements so many times. CryCryLOLLOL  selfies and imposters at the Mandela memorial.  greaaaaattt.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:38pm
smh.
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i think in the second gif he's saying "shhh...i will share this burger with everyone"

You.aint sh.it!!!!!!!

Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

you know what when i saw a short clip yesterday i was wondering what he was doingLOL

I know i'm all late but I teach two deaf students and when I was watching him at certain parts I didn't recognize ANYTHING that I know for a FACT are signs for certain words

But then I thought maybe they have signs for different languages lmbo

The Black Delegation frowns on this buffoonery....I hereby ask that he be put up for a trade. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:47am
they had a real interpreter on Kimmel tonight and he was trying to translate what this guy was signalingConfused
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 1:34am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Translation: Brotha my rent is due and I need some money. 

CryLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>