Perfect Hair Collection

Dead man walking, wants his benefits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dead man walking, wants his benefits
    Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:48am
Amazing story about a husband claiming amnesia as an excuse for abandoning his family...former wife isn't buying the lie.

Kwame Seku claims he’s the former Winston Bright, a Verizon worker missing for 20 years. Wife Leslie Bright, who’s been getting widow benefits from Verizon — which Seku wants — says he just walked away: ‘He hasn’t come back to me as his wife or to have a relationship with his children … I will go at him for back child support, cat support, everything!’ 

Kwame Seku aka Winston Bright

Kwame Seku — or is it Winston Bright? — alleges he's entitled to Verizon benefit payments because he worked for the company for 20 years before he went missing, suffered amnesia and moved from New York to San Diego.

A California man has three words for a New York judge who he says prematurely declared his demise: I’m not dead.

Kwame Seku of San Diego says he is the former Winston Bright, a Verizon worker and married father of three missing for two decades and deemed deceased by a judge in 2000.

“My name is no longer Winston Bright. It is Kwame Seku,” the 65-year-old former East Village resident wrote in a letter this month to a Manhattan Surrogate’s Court judge. “And I am the same person.”

He claims in court papers a DNA test he took in New York with his mother, Mary Bright, in December proves he is her very much alive son — and that he is entitled to Verizon benefits because he worked for the company for 20 years.

Leslie Bright is joined in her E. 10th St. apartment by her grandchildren, from left: Ciara, 10, Unitus, 14, and Ethan, 3. Their biological grandpa is Winston Bright, who was declared dead after he went missing two decades ago but is now back in New York as Kwame Seku.

Sam Costanza for New York Daily News

Leslie Bright is joined in her E. 10th St. apartment by her grandchildren, from left: Ciara, 10, Unitus, 14, and Ethan, 3. Their biological grandpa is Winston Bright, who was declared dead after he went missing two decades ago but is now back in New York as Kwame Seku.

Verizon officials said they will follow the court order ruling Seku dead and continue paying survivor benefits to his wife, Leslie Bright.Clap

Bright, left with the kids, no money and too many questions all those years ago, promises to fight her husband. She went to Surrogate’s Court in 2000 seeking a judge’s ruling that Winston Bright was dead. That was eight years after Seku first showed up on public records in California.

Seku claims he has had amnesia for 20 years and adopted his new name while wandering the streets of California.

Shown on their 1970 wedding day is Leslie Bright and Kwame Seku — back when he was known as Winston Bright.

Shown on their 1970 wedding day is Leslie Bright and Kwame Seku — back when he was known as Winston Bright.

The amnesia story doesn’t fly with Bright, who says Seku just left home one day in 1992 and never returned. “He kissed me on the cheek, called me at lunchtime like he always did and again when he was on his way home,” she told the Daily News. “He never made it.”

Seku went to California and reinvented himself with an African name he picked out of a magazine because he liked the way it sounded. He earned a master’s degree, taught public school and worked with troubled boys, like he always wanted. But while Seku was living the dream, his family was falling apart.

They lost their Stuyvesant Town apartment and moved into a public housing project.

Leslie Bright doesnt buy her husbands story that he had amnesia. Winston Bright never came home in 1992 and in 2000 she had him declared dead. The man, now called Kwame Seku, has come back and wants the survivor benefits his employer, Verizon, has been paying to his wife.

Sam Costanza for New York Daily News

Leslie Bright doesn't buy her husband's story that he had amnesia. Winston Bright never came home in 1992 and in 2000 she had him declared dead. The man, now called Kwame Seku, has come back and wants the survivor benefits his employer, Verizon, has been paying to his wife.

“We had it rough. We had no money,” Bright said. One son, Aaron, dealt drugs and got arrested. Another, Eric, is still in prison.

Meanwhile, she said, she didn’t hear from her husband’s family for those 20 years, making her wonder if he had run off and was staying in touch with them.

“I will go at him for back child support, cat support, everything!” Bright said. “If he wants a fight, I’ll give him a fight!”

A woman answering the door at the Harlem apartment of Seku’s mother said she would not comment.

Seku said he has had his own problems.

“I don’t care if she believes it or not,” he said of Bright’s skepticism. “Making your life without ID is a tough job, and I did it for years. I can’t waste time entertaining her.” With Ginger Adams Otis

Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:49am
him.....
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:09am
NOT A PENNY HE DESERVES

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Feb 20 2014 at 12:14pm
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:48am
So he only had amnesia when it suited him. When his kids and family needed support and thought him dead. No benefits for that insensitive ba$tard and his mama ain't poo defending him.

Edited by yurika975 - Feb 20 2014 at 11:48am
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:59am
him, .his.life.
Don't give him a dime. He got a masters degree, became a teacher all without an ID
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:03pm
Found out some more stuff:

Seku is asking a Manhattan Surrogate’s Court to toss Bright’s death decree so he can collect a $616.73-a-month pension from New York Telephone Company, where Bright worked. (versizon then took over later)

The money has been going to Bright’s wife, Leslie, 61, of East 10th St., who asked the court to say her husband had died after a fruitless, decade-long search.

Bright, then 42, mysteriously disappeared after leaving work in October 1990.

Seku wants to come to court with Bright’s mother, Mary, 80, of Harlem and a paternity test that the pair took in March to prove his case.

He said his memory then started returning little by little and that with the help of the Internet, he tracked down his old identity.

About three years ago, he flew to New York for a “happy reunion” with his parents, siblings, three adult children and grandchildren — but he said his former wife was not excited to see him.

“I guess she was bitter because of me not being there – because according to her, and I talked to my daughter, they had a pretty good life when I was there but when I left it became hard times,” Seku said.Ermm

The article also states he contacted Verizon and made the claim that he was owed benefits.  They had paid him 1,800 until they realized they were already paying his wife survivor benefits.  So they stopped that w/ a quickness.

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:05pm
disgusted.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:41pm
Give that man some money to help him out. 20 years with amnesia, that has to be a terrible life. Cry

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 1:00pm
that buzzard faced bastard.

How he just gone come back demanding benefits after he up and left his whole family to struggle? Even had the nerve to go obtain a Masters Degree with his new identity as well as start a new life?

Mutha fuka please!

Verizon ain't playing that sh*t! And his family got a lot of nerves opening their mouths to say anything. Where were they when his children went without?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 3:01pm
fugue states are very real

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>