Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 9:59pm
The movie was absolutely FANTASTIC!

But yes, I also noticed the slightly caucasoid features to the positive protagonists of the film.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:01pm
Going this weekend.  Can't wait.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Firstly, I think the CGI was amazeballs

All the scenes with the apes were so warm and interesting
All the scenes with the humans were boring af

I think the writing was very immature, typical Whitebread unimaginative storyline

It's clear that writer/directors were inspired by the historical relationship between White people and *insert oppressed dark group here* and they just put that into ape form... ok

But why couldn't they just leave that White supremacist ideology alone? Because they're White and this is Hollywood, that's why

*SPOILERS*

Why did the "good" apes have light skin? See Ceasar below.

Why did the main "villain" ape have dark skin?

Why did Ceasar's son, another "good" ape, have to have "Blue eyes" as his name implies...

Why was the overall message of the movie insinuates that the "good" apes are the ones that wanted to help the human beings, the very humans who imprisoned and tortured the apes and who planed to destroy them once they regained their power (one would assume)?

Also, part of the storyline just didn't make sense. Why would Koba (the villain ape) show is love and reverence towards Ceasar by telling his son to look after him and then go off the deep end by shooting him? That cold hard switch in character was not smooth or believable imo

They were trying too hard to have angst for the purpose of driving the action

It's obvious the main 2 apes were suppose to be these Malcolm X vs MLK like figures... violence vs nonviolence

I found myself rooting for the apes to kill the humans off Confused

I ain't see the movie yet but this thought did cross my mind when I was watching Planet of the Apes marathon on either AMC or SciFi this past weekend.  In the older movies I was noticing the same thing.  The lighter apes were the ones in charge and the darker ones that look more like gorillas as opposed to chimps were the ....lower(?) class.  I thought to myself.  I wonder on their planet do they have light skin/dark skin wars?   Do the Chimps deny their Gorilla ancestry?  Was Caesar really a Gorilla but history monkstory made him a chimp because chimps want to claim errything?  

From what you're saying their basically giving subliminal's that we need to keep turning the other cheek.  That you're "a better person" that no matter how they kill your peoples off and do your race as a whole all kinds of wrong...forgive them and you'll be the better person monkey.  While they continue to rise and watch out for only themselves.

Antyways.  Team Apes and IA why did Caesars son have blue eyes?  Weren't Caesars eyes hazel or light brown?  Fucc...Did Caesar smash a white chimp?  Fucc.   Even in the movies the brown monkeys want the white monkeys.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 15 2014 at 10:13pm
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Going this weekend.  Can't wait.

same here
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:14pm
the original planet of the apes underlying message was rooted in  combating racism. we had to do a study on the film for a film class, tbh.

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:22pm
On my "to see" list!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:25pm
I died Dead

Antyways.  Team Apes and IA why did Caesars son have blue eyes?  Weren't Caesars eyes hazel or light brown?  Fucc...Did Caesar smash a white chimp?  Fucc.   Even in the movies the brown monkeys want the white monkeys.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:52pm
LOL
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I died Dead

My gf was saying Caesar's son is a "jacket" the entire time. I typed up a nice response but accidentally deleted it i cant even remember much now. those planet movies are always about racial tension/black vs whites.

The 3 other friends i went with enjoyed it, and we were surprised. i hoped koba and a rogue team of assassin would have have killed all the humans. and i kept saying why are they trusting white folks. In the crowd sho there were so many white folks barely any blacks. I kept asking if the commander wasnt going to call Batman or Sirius black wasnt going to call harry potter/Voldemort the entire time.EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL IA with many of the points you raised alias. So what exactly did Felicity give the Wife of Caesar to heal her? She happened to have the pill/shot for respiratory illness after childbirth on her. Rolls eyes.

Was there no fire brigade, they lived right by a waterfall - damn it?LOLLOLLOL

I was talking so much (and burning out the white folks ) in the movie i felt like jonesableEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:32pm
Also that movie is not 3D!!! I watched 90% of it with my glasses off. I want my money back!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic