Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Daughter-in-Law Shopping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Rajin put up the stats on your son. If he's making a visit stateside maybe some lady here or a member's relative may also be a good candidate. All eggs in one basket ..............

Lol! You might be right since I truly believe that all kinds of black women frequent this site.
What kind of stats Diane? Personality? Physical? Occupation? Education?

yes. a picture as wellWink likes, dislikes. hobbies, just a full resume, does he carry the sickle cell trait and any other genetic disease? Dog or cat lover? Is he on the instagram? Seem like instagram is messing up relationships nowadays lol

Holy cow Diane!

See...this is why I love BHM...because y'all are outrageous. A  pic? No way! Sickle cell? No, but his feet stink. Well, at least they did when he was at home. LOL

No Instagram. None of the kids are allowed on social media because of my husband's and my jobs. They can let it fly when we retire, but for now...nope.

I encourage them to do what I do- find a site totally divorced from their real lives and let it rip!!

BHM always makes me laugh. Nuts.

Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 9:46pm
Im glad that you made this thread. Just 2 days ago, I wanted to start a thread on this topic, but I didnt know how to word it....it was spurred by a conversation that my mom and her friends recently had.

I wanted to know if any of the married American Black women of BHM were 'selected' and introduced to their husband by their mother in law.

Good luck to your son. I hope that he and the young lady hit it off well and end up with a love connection that leads to a happy marriage. You are my type of gal.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jul 15 2014 at 9:50pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 9:54pm
Ragin i was joking. glam make the thread.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 4:55am
BACKGROUND CHECK ON THIS GIRL... look what happened to that family who didn;t do a background check on that alleged/supposed nanny...Confused   

just saying....just saying....good luck...

hope we get invitations to this match made in heaven wedding...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 4:57am
How old is your son? Geek
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 8:53am
I never thought about this for my son but I'm starting to think I need to be the one to find a husband for my daughter.  Her selection skills are horribleDead

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 10:19am
That was the way of 1-2 generations ago. Many of the dinner parties & bbqs held amongst friends were covert mixers for the young adult children to meet their potential mates. "this is the person that i told you about. im glad that you have finally met".
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Im glad that you made this thread. Just 2 days ago, I wanted to start a thread on this topic, but I didnt know how to word it....it was spurred by a conversation that my mom and her friends recently had.

I wanted to know if any of the married American Black women of BHM were 'selected' and introduced to their husband by their mother in law.

Good luck to your son. I hope that he and the young lady hit it off well and end up with a love connection that leads to a happy marriage. You are my type of gal.

A very close family friend(male) did.... and they married within 8 mos. Been married now for over 10 years.... 

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 1:09pm
it kinda depends.. 

i think if i was a parent, i would. Because thats just how i am… but id give him some time to search on his own.  
If i saw that he was getting up there in age (30?), not seeming like he was gonna settle down soon, and had a few rendezvous/affairs with ratch dumb sluts… yes, id always be hinting and trying to set him up.

plus, like someone said a catch is a catch and sometimes its not easy to come across those. and even if you do, how would you know without talking that shes as accomplished/great? you already got the goods on her.. 
from what you mentioned she sounds great. Id love for someone to introduce me to someone like that.

Edited by coconess - Jul 16 2014 at 1:12pm
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 1:33pm
yeah how old is your son? under 25 ? if so then you might be reaching. Let him live a little.. if above then I see no harm in your liking your future daughter in law. LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic