Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dating men from the middle east
    Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 2:32pm
Has annyone ever dated a guy from the middle east? What was the relationship like? Do they like blac kwomen in general?  My best friend from high school married a Persian guy she met while we were in school. We aren;t really friends anymore ut from what I can tell, he is kind, slightly arrogant, generous, and caring.

Im asking because while I was out this weekend, I saw a few good looking ones that gave me a little attention... Im looking to diversify my dating portfolio.
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

Has annyone ever dated a guy from the middle east? What was the relationship like? Do they like blac kwomen in general?  My best friend from high school married a Persian guy she met while we were in school. We aren;t really friends anymore ut from what I can tell, he is kind, slightly arrogant, generous, and caring.

Im asking because while I was out this weekend, I saw a few good looking ones that gave me a little attention... Im looking to diversify my dating portfolio.

when i went to turkey (the closest to the middle east i've ever been LOL) the men they loved me and my sister! we were like gold to them. everyone wanted to take us out. this man even offered to pay us for my sisters hand in marriage. it was quite amusing. they seem to be into black women. they are very arrogant, but they know how to treat you. my friend who is persian told me all about the men she dated...they wined and dined her like no other.
Mama Braided It View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 5:24pm
 Before my fiance, I dated two Turkish guys. They were both the true definition of gentlemen. They were both in the science fields, very education/career oriented and lived upscale lifestyles.

One took me on all expenses paid trips to Vegas and DR. He was very sweet, but when it came to sex, very demanding. Like whenever he was ready to go, HE WAS READY TO GO! LOL

The other, I always had a BALL when I was with him. We never had sex and he never suggested or asked, he was really the nerdy type; probably a virgin. Very kind to me. I was his lil princess. I loved it.

It was VERY refreshing to meet men who had NO hangups, no babymama drama,  no anger issues, just men who wanted to have a good time and treat you well in the process.

They were both family oriented.

For me they were both just friends/dates/guys I kept in my phone, I never saw it going as far as marriage or exclusive relationship (there was always this unspoken truth where we knew socially & culturally it would never work or happen).

But we just enjoyed the times we had together.

Edited by Mama Braided It - Jun 26 2012 at 5:32pm
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 10:54pm
When talking about ppl from the Middle East, Arabs, you have to remember that they are a very diverse group of people. There are Sham Arabs (from Palestine, Syria, Lebanon), there are Gulf Arabs (from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE), then there are Arabs like Egyptians, Moroccans, and those from the northern part of Africa. They share the same language, but culturally speaking, they are very different.

MOST Middle Eastern men that I've met are very traditional. Arab men generally take family life very serious.  Generally speaking, they are very family oriented, very masculine, and big momma's boys. If their mom doesn't like you, there is a huge chance of him not marrying you, no matter what he feels about you. 

From experience, I've met and know of a lot of Arab/African American married couples. I think it works mainly because both, the husband and the wife, are Muslim  and they share the same faith.

But they vary just like any other men. 
mscaribbeanma View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2012 at 11:02pm
yes. in a nut shelll he couldnt be serious about me
said he couldnt take me home to see his parents
but he had no problem trying to get into my pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 12:13am
My friend's husband is also very family/career oriented/ I wouldnt say very traditional though because they moved in together right after high school and lived like that through college, then got married. His family loves her... She is Christian, I am not sure what his religion is.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 12:52am
I would neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 9:02am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

I would neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Why not?
pinkextra View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

when i went to turkey (the closest to the middle east i've ever been LOL) the men they loved me and my sister! we were like gold to them. everyone wanted to take us out. this man even offered to pay us for my sisters hand in marriage. it was quite amusing. they seem to be into black women. they are very arrogant, but they know how to treat you. my friend who is persian told me all about the men she dated...they wined and dined her like no other.

Csung,

I just got back from Turkey last week!  They are CRAZY about Black women.  I was in the eastern part of the country traveling alone and NEVER saw another Black woman in the East!

They are off the chain, VERY VERY generous, and quite thirsty! I hardly paid for anything and I got to learn more about the culture through the local people, etc!  Stories for DAYS!!!!

Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 9:53am
Sure why not? I get approached by them all the time, esp when I go to a convenient stores and hair stores, they always seem to be at the cash register these days--most of them are perverts, no offence to the good guys. I don't care about color, background, heritage, As long as we share the same faith.Tongue
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic