Extensions Plus

Dating a pastor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dating a pastor?
    Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 5:34pm
Anybody ever dated a pastor or aspiring pastor? What was it like? I was just wondering because I visit a church that had a single pastor and he was fine. I wouldn't even know how to talk to him. I'm probably not holy enough for him. LOL

Edited by Miss Kitty - Dec 09 2009 at 5:37pm
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 6:56pm

Well, i've never been in this position before. But i have a friend who currently is, she's not holy rolly either. lol..

I think it can work. Everyone has flaws, even pastors. If you looking for something that leads to marriage..think hard, because men in the ministry...that is a 24/7 job.

However, i hope that my future mate is active in the church. Maybe not a pastor but definitely active. The older i get, the more my priorities change and having someone who is about uplifting the kingdom God and our communities, it always a plus in my book.

I say go for it!
JasonWllms55 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonWllms55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 10:38pm
despite what you may think, im sure Pastor's like the same thing regular men like. I just got a flashback to that episode of Martin where Pam tried to set Gina up with her cousin who was a Pastor. Hilarious!
H0tg1rl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0tg1rl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by JasonWllms55 JasonWllms55 wrote:

despite what you may think, im sure Pastor's like the same thing regular men like. I just got a flashback to that episode of Martin where Pam tried to set Gina up with her cousin who was a Pastor. Hilarious!

I remember that, wow
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 11:49pm
No but from the sermons I've heard on women in the church trying to trap pastors and Lady Conferences on marriage( a big was on the first lady's marriage) it is hard, hard, hard. Regular relationships are hard but they have a total new flip side to their issues, that I never would have guessed about. By the time the sermon was done we had 5 pastor's wives in tears asking God for help. Unhappy
candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 8:15am
I will not date a pastor.

However, if I were you, I would see him during his office hours and ask him a biblical question just to gauge how he responds to me.

Just remember that a pastor's wife is usually expected to become a co-pastor of the church etc.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by candies candies wrote:

I will not date a pastor.

However, if I were you, I would see him during his office hours and ask him a biblical question just to gauge how he responds to me.

Just remember that a pastor's wife is usually expected to become a co-pastor of the church etc.
Not really. I know many first ladies that are just that first ladies, nothing more. they are mostly expected to be a rock for their husbands. A pastor's wife is a hard job in itselfConfused

Edited by ScorpioLuv - Dec 10 2009 at 11:54am
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 1:31pm
ive dated several pastors before some were single the other 2 were "married"
but anyways they aight, wasnt my cup of tea though
i felt kind of grimey messing with men who are supposed to be the sheppard of a flock while they steady blowing my back out.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

i felt kind of grimey messing with men who are supposed to be the sheppard of a flock while they steady blowing my back out.
Pinch
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

why the quotes for married? Did the cheating make them less married?

But honestly I agree with you, I couldn't deal with a person who is of low moral character either, pastor or not. I'd need someone who was true to his own values.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic