Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Dasani: A homeless 11 year old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 3:42am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Okay instead of helping her. Let's take a picture for my story!!

NO

What is happening in this photo?
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 3:44am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Okay instead of helping her. Let's take a picture for my story!!

NO

What is happening in this photo?

read the article, it explains it better. Basically This bully picks on her in school. She used to fight the bully but got suspended so the counselor taught her to do dep breathing when she get's mad in order to avoid getting "too hyped" when being bullied. 

She does this but the nully decided to fight her anyway. And the bully's friend jumps in also.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Dec 14 2013 at 3:45am
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 4:09am
I feel bad for the little girl, but there's got to be some responsibility on the part of the parents.  Why do they keep procreating?  Yes, they all live in one room, but she can still sweep the floors( there are cheerios on the ground in one pic, fold each child's clothes and put it in a cardboard box, throw out the food containers.

Pretty much the parents seem to be doing nothing but collecting the checks.  Who is looking our for the best interest of the children?

Edited by Xamaycana - Dec 14 2013 at 4:13am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 4:58am
Actually I read about one and a half chapter of Dasani's story and come to find out that she has two step siblings.  The father in this article is actually her step father and he has brought about two or three children into the marriage.  Also her mother (Dasani's mother) also had a crappy childhood with her mother (Dasani's grandmother ) smoking crack for most of Dasani's mother childhood.  She eventually got herself clean but unfortunately passed away from leukemia. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 4:59am

Okay, there's a lot more but it's a good read. Also there are videos on the bottom of the page of her and her mom.

It's interesting because from reading  the article you can tell her mom has a lot of love for her. But she picks up some truley truley bad habits from her at the same time. 

Her mother has some demons that she needs to get rid of if you ask me. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

I feel bad for the little girl, but there's got to be some responsibility on the part of the parents.  Why do they keep procreating?  Yes, they all live in one room, but she can still sweep the floors( there are cheerios on the ground in one pic, fold each child's clothes and put it in a cardboard box, throw out the food containers.

Pretty much the parents seem to be doing nothing but collecting the checks.  Who is looking our for the best interest of the children?

I don't know if this is apt but there was a article published not too long ago that stated that poverty has a orifound effect on decision making skills, which in effect keeps them poor. 
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Excellent read. I read all 5 chapters.

Hopefully, Dasani will rise above what has been handed to her (poverty, ex drug addicted parents,etc). An 11 year old with so many adult burdens. God Bless her!

I did too. I hope I hope she, and her siblings, are able to rise above their circumstances.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 3:28pm
I could not stop thinking about her as I went to bed I said a prayer. You can do it Dasani, just look at Miss Hester!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic