Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darkskin
    Posted: Feb 20 2012 at 4:04pm
What colors would flatter my dark skin?
Sponsored Links

charchar View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2012 at 6:54pm
I'm an nc50. Whilst I've never had my whole head dyed, I've had plum red in the t-section, bright red underneath and electric blue underneath. An old hairdresser convinced me to go blonde which I did and it was terrible, too light for my skin tone. I think dark, chestnut browns would work too.
Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2012 at 10:02pm
i have done a blond at the top and dark brown or black at the bottom or kept my roots black and lightened the tips

i love going lighter especially in the summer. light auburns, dark blond

i think we as darkskinned women should not limit our selves to dark colors or browns because of skin color but with that being said we should know our undertones and what matches with your skin. all dark women dont have the same undertone.

but thats just me
Rosie123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2012 at 2:21pm
I'm an NC50/NW45 and I think its too easy for people to write off a 'colour' as not being suitable for dark skinned women and make assumptions. 

For example if you look at the whole mac colour matching debate.. Make-up artists often assume dark skinned women are an NW45 and that NC50 looks too light... but it's all about the undertones rather than the 'shade' of your skin, and matching it to a colour with the right tones. 

My theory is that  a yellow undertone like an NC50 is a cooler colour, whereas a red undertone like an NW45 is a warmer colour. 

Hair colours also come in warmer (e.g. Golden Broen, golden blonde etc) colours and Cooler (e.g Ash blonde) colours and have to be matched accordingly. 

Personally I always found that having warmer tones skin meant that cooler toned colours suited me - copper and golden colours looked terrible on me 
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2012 at 11:45am

This girl does very pretty colors
charchar View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2012 at 6:40am
I had a colour consultation with my hairdresser. After reading this thread, I decided I wanted to go lighter again, as ive bleached my hair in the past. But she's basically told men no and that the only colours I can have are reds but im bored of them, having had them twice before and she said bleaching is a no. I dont want hair extensions, so I'm just wondering if any of you guys bleached or did something else to get a lighter colour.
bbsinclair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2012 at 3:05pm
anything warm that brings "light" to your skin. I don't mean colors that will make your skin light but anything that will bring out and enhance your texture. Nothing to dull like jet black.

you want color with definition. Not just flat.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic